What A Great Day

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Today is my 65th birthday. Got a real nice present from the Wife :D this morning. Went out to the shop and put a new barrel on my competition gun and got it tuned for the upcoming NBRSA Nationals next month. Got the 64 out and headed to town to put in a few gallons of gas, later to add some 110 octane at the strip. Had a little problem out by the mail box when i was testing the new M/T slicks out, busted the clutch rod. Jammed a few gears, went up to the corner and got her turned around shifting with no clutch. Took the rod off and went to my work shop in town and welded it back together with a gusset for strength.......guess the ram clutch with all the weight on the arms puts a lot of pressure on things when you miss second gear.......:dunno Got the car loaded up to go to the test and tune about 40 miles away. Wife said go have fun and the kids will be here tomorrow afternoon to help me celebrate my milestone..........whooo.... whooo.:cheersSo my buddy and i head to the track to meet some other guys i went to school with in the day and waste the day racing. I raced a car the first time legal last year:noso i had a lot to learn......still do...:dohLast year started out in the 13,s.......wanted to get into the 12's...did that and this year wanted to get into the 11's......made some changes and today lots of good things happened. Best run before today was a 12.4 something. I ditched the Goodyear slicks and went to M/T. First run was a 12.61, not enuf rpm at the line. Second run was a 12.05. Third run i missed 4th gear and ran a 12.23 and when i came back on the return road, there was my cheering section with 3'X3' signs wishing me a happy birthday. My wife, kids, and all the Grandkids were all there, that cost me a tear or 2. What a suprise., Next run was a 12.12. I went out again and turned a 11.88@113.99 just to show off for the family and put the old kid on the trailer and had a few cold ones:cheers:cheersas my buddy would drive us home. We had presents and food that my great family brought.

Pretty long post, hope i didn't bore you folks, but i am ONE LUCKY GUY...............:brow:crazyI have survived a couple nasty car wrecks,(my fault) one nasty bike wreck(not my fault), was in a 3 boat accidents(as a passenger)and have good health(don't know who to blame that on)............:prayand thank the Good Lord for it all...................

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Dave! Awesome getting into the 11's ! Feels good don't it? BTW remind me to never be a passenger with you :hide :D

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Great work Dave. Happy Birthday. :clap:clap:clap

Did you hear about the one eyed, three legged dog with half a tail who answers to the name Lucky !!! :crazy:dance:dance

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Way to go! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:beer:beer:beer
You're in a elite group now, an eleven second street car with the time slips to prove it.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, That's the way to have a birthday> Way to go. That was one hell of a day for progress. Now you're into the 11's by a bunch. Now you need to find out what the car likes to go even quicker.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Happy birthday Dave,
Great times times with the car and even greater times with the family

All the best

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Happy Belated Birthday Dave!! Good goin' for you and the car. Sounds like a great day!!!

Lonnie