What Headers?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Not 58-64 and earlier Hookers. I have a set from the 70s and they are 2 piece wrap around the frame.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Building some shelves in the barn and saw headers I have and thought they looked like the ones in the photos above but turned out mine are defferent. Anyone know what mine fit?
IMG_6762.JPG
IMG_6763.JPG

Also found 40+ can of spray paint the color of my 62 Impala. Much stuff still to be uncovered - nothing valuable though.
IMG_6767.JPG

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
First thing that came to mind was "Black Jack" headers. I used to run Black Jack headers on my small block.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Building some shelves in the barn and saw headers I have and thought they looked like the ones in the photos above but turned out mine are defferent. Anyone know what mine fit?
View attachment 35938
View attachment 35939

Also found 40+ can of spray paint the color of my 62 Impala. Much stuff still to be uncovered - nothing valuable though.
View attachment 35940
I think I have those same ones Clyde...
418B824F-CCE8-4511-975D-1EFB1D164411.jpg

01EF4FCC-004A-463D-A11C-311B683C0569.jpg

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
[QOTE="Rickys61, post: 279247, member: 3320"]I think I have those same ones Clyde...[/QUOTE]

Yes! They look identical. I think the person I bought them off of years ago said they fit 1958? If so, would they also fit newer X frame Chevies?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
[QOTE="Rickys61, post: 279247, member: 3320"]I think I have those same ones Clyde...

Yes! They look identical. I think the person I bought them off of years ago said they fit 1958? If so, would they also fit newer X frame Chevies?[/QUOTE]
Clyde and Rick. Those look like the Bellangers I have on my car.

Yes that's what they are....or the style they are I should say. Bellanger / Warner / Wilson headers. They fit '58 to '64 X frames. I have a set for the #2 engine build. I've heard that some of the newer "clones" of those have serious fitment issues, but I figure if you've got an old used set like we all have then they should bolt right up with no problems since they already did before.

Last edited:

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ron, I think when I posted these pics before, Dan (Tripower) had some pics that they looked like the Warner's he has on his car... THOSE are some nice fitting headers!
The Warners have been reported to being good fitting. My Bellengers were not.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
As long as we are looking at 348-409 headers I thought I would post pictures of a set of extra special maybe one of a kind fine set of headers so I went to the storage vault (back barn) and brought them out to show and make everyone envious of my possessing such treasured items. They weigh hardly anything at all because of a secret process known as chemical etching (severe rust). Now don't you guys try to entice me to part with these fine headers by offering me vast sums of money.

Phil, I included my shoes in the pictures since you seem to be the site shoe police. I have had to sew them several times - just can't part with them.

IMG_6802.JPG

IMG_6800.JPG