What the heck are these?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bob...say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!
Those are the rubber protectors that go under the carpet and sill plates for the rear seat wiring!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Have you had a recent doctor's appointment Bob???? Starting to worry about you!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Bob...say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!
Those are the rubber protectors that go under the carpet and sill plates for the rear seat wiring!!!!

Are you sure?? The ones in my 63 are plastic and hollow shaped. I'm not convinced yet... :unsure:

Have you had a recent doctor's appointment Bob???? Starting to worry about you!!!!

I go Friday. Nothing wrong, just the doctor likes to make money from me. Once you have a prescription, THEY GOT YOU! :mad5

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are you sure?? The ones in my 63 are plastic and hollow shaped. I'm not convinced yet... :unsure:

I go Friday. Nothing wrong, just the doctor likes to make money from me. Once you have a prescription, THEY GOT YOU! :mad5

I shouldn't speak for him, however I think that is what Phil is implying. You need to see the doctor because he thinks your off your meds. :wacko

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Is the middle runner a tack strip......????...... guess I should pay closer attention to the description you said they were rubber.......:crazy:wacko:doh

Last edited:

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All right I might have finally guessed right on something! Bob I thought the earlier models had them as well. I could have swore I remember removing what was left of the rear body to bumper seal from my 62 when the body work was done and it was repainted.

bobs409

Administrator
My 63 only had a small seal on each side and it wasn't thick rubber like this. I think it's more like the a-arm flap seal material on the inner front wheel wells.

We can't award any prizes yet as the 68 theory has not been proven yet. :D

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It’s been about 15 years since the car had been repainted so I couldn’t fully remember what the material was like I just remembered it was pretty deteriorated was all.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, I am not 100 percent either, however I am pretty sure that I agree with Nana, however I have been wrong before. Lots of times, just don't let my wife hear that. This is what I have. Keep in mind the color and rust on your rubbers.
IMG_0516.JPGIMG_0517.JPGIMG_0518.JPG

bobs409

Administrator
I'd say it's confirmed. I had a 68 eons ago and remember something like this just below the top edge of the bumper when the trunk was opened. I never had it apart though so did not recognize it.

Good job. :good :laugh4