wheel tubs

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No a friend of mine has one. he has had it for 10yrs or more. He is a body man.
He tells me that he cant find wheel tubs and would I look around for him. He has a 409 fror it. His farme is all done suspension all new posi rear P case. Its on a body roll now. The tubs are bad. The bubble top is a pretty sweet car.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hard to believe no one repops the 62s I saw 63s on one of the Impala retso sites. Are they that much different that the 62 could they be modified to fit. Other wise he is a body man fabrication is his line of work:takethat

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes they make 63s and I think 64s. My friend says too much of a differance in the fender well opening to make them work and look good at the same time. His logic is they are coming just have to wait.

William

Supporting Member 1
John, Check at CARSINC.com. There is one located in Berkley,Michigan at 1-800-521-2194 or info at 1-248-398=7100. They claim to have sheet metal for 58-72 full size chevys. Hope this helps. William

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes they make 63s and I think 64s. My friend says too much of a differance in the fender well opening to make them work and look good at the same time. His logic is they are coming just have to wait.

Now let me get this strait. Your buddy has a 62 Bubble that he is working on (Chassis done) He has a 409 for it, he is looking for parts so he has to be hot to get this car done and on the road. He is a bodyman with fabricating skills and he is going to wait for someone to repop wheel wells for his car:dunno:doh:rolleyes::scratch

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Wengine you got it. I dont understand either. He could do it I have seen him do lots of stuff like it. Go figure.:dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I get it!

Many people in various professions do for others but not for themselves.

I know a pottery guy who gives away mugs and cups and plates and things he makes. Look in his cabinet and you will see a lot of plastic stuff.

Another colleague is an expert web designer and developer, but his own personal site is bland and boring.

Perhaps a body man who fabricates all day long doesn't want to do it for himself?

I know it sounds odd, but it happens!

TomK

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK Tom I get your point. It's just a little confusing to me being a bodyman myself and coming from an era when fabricating what you needed was not only a way of life but somtimes the only way to get it. Granted in this era the parts available to us dose make building a car a lot easier (and a whole lot more expensive) But to let somthing like that hold me back:bang not a chance. Now time and money thats a different story:rolleyes:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10

TomK

Boy..............does that fit me!!!! 've spent 25 years helping a lot of people while my 63 still sets on jack stands!!!:takethat:takethat Gonna try to change all that this year!! Just as soon as I get finished with my current project!!!:roll:roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10

TomK

Boy..............does that fit me!!!! I've spent 25 years helping a lot of people while my 63 still sets on jack stands!!!:takethat:takethat Gonna try to change all that this year!! Just as soon as I get finished with my current project!!!:roll:roll

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Boy..............does that fit me!!!! I've spent 25 years helping a lot of people while my 63 still sets on jack stands!!!:takethat:takethat Gonna try to change all that this year!! Just as soon as I get finished with my current project!!!:roll:roll

Hey Rush! You could cut your time on the board in half if you only post one reply at a time! :roll:roll

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

Hey Rush! You could cut your time on the board in half if you only post one reply at a time! :roll:roll:roll:roll

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey you guys......... you have to quit drinking that Tequilla....... first you start seeing double .............. if you don't stop here's what can happen:doh:bang:nono1: .......... but then, after a couple more......."Tequilla Makes Her Cloths Fall Off"

Attachments

• Tequila.jpg
    Tequila.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 38