Wheels

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have some 14 X 6 JK wheels which are not in great shape. I plan to have them sand blasted and repainted but there are some rough "pock" marks and curb rash on them. Is there a "filler", or an epoxy that can be applied before paint?...or regular body work filler? I heard that there is a product used on bumpers before re-chroming....maybe that would work?:dunno

Ron

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Depending on how bad the curb rash is I think the best bet would be to use a 5/8" angle grinder and, what I call a feather wheel or flapper wheel. This will sand out most of the defect if not all. Then sandblasting after and most of your defect will disappear. Then I would powder coat as the powder is better and will fill in most of the pits and defects that may still be there. Also the sand blasting is part of the powder coat process so it kills two birds with on stone so to speak...:cool: JM2 cents. Good Luck

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You can use "build primer" or "primer-surfacer" to fill small pock marks. It's just a type of primer that goes on really thick. A spray can version is available but it's thinner and less effective than the two part stuff that's designed to spray through a gun.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sounds like that just... might be the answer I was looking for guys..

Thanks!:D