When you build the same crap as everyone else...

Shaark92

Well Known Member
recognizing the make-up of this board, I'm not really out on a limb here ...

HOWEVER ... battery and charging technology have a LONG way to go before they are even considered here. Not only range and recharge time, but duration of battery life and the cost to replace the battery.

The Vette's "E-Ray" is about as far as I will go ... ICE producing electric power for the front drive motors in a performance enhancing function only .... supplementing the rear drive train.

EV is good for the golf course and HEB grocery stores.

bobs409

Administrator
I hope I'm not around. I think they better fix the FIRES first! Typical government stuff. Force it on us before it's even safe.

Then there is the self driving cars... (don't get me started there!) :bang

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe this is how people felt when cars were invented and some wanted to keep their horses :dunno Unfortunately it is happening. Not sure at what pace, although it seems to be steady and increasing. If the liberals and most democrats had their way, it would have already taken place regardless of price, pollution, etc. The batteries are getting better and cheaper, and will continue to do so. It's like any other technology. Use will just expedite the technologies improvement speed.

bobs409

Administrator
As long as they still offer gas for our oldies, I could care less about EV's. Problem is, just like leaded gas and zinc in motor oil, if the government wants to end it, they will! (or force things like ethanol on us)

I guess we can all sit around and look at our cars, that will be about it.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
if the government wants to end it, they will! (or force things like ethanol on us)

I guess we can all sit around and look at our cars, that will be about it.
And now we have come to the real issue. The Government. You know, that organization that is supposed to be of the people, by the people, and for the people. It needs to be changed to something like, Government of the liberals, democrats, rich, famous, and powerful, and "F" all others regardless of race, sex, sexual preference, religion, color, etc.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Electric are still only a few percent of sales even with them being shoved down our throats. Not practical for trips. Most people know they aren’t ready. Cars and trucks of any configuration are pricing people out of the market. 100 k for a 1/2 ton loaded up pickup? Now our idiot president tells auto workers on strike to stick to their guns on 40% wage increase demand. He truly is destroying the country and our economy.