When your gas heater goes out in your garage and its winter time.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Perfect timing to figure out if your heater is working. I've had mine off and on for over a month now and while I happen to be standing in the garage I heard a nasty noise coming from my 80,000 BTU Modine on the ceiling. Killed the power and cycled it back up to start again while I stood next to it to get a closer look. I kicked on and the fan blade was attempting to move but couldn't. Killed the power again and decided I had better keep it off until I figure out what is really going on. With the power off the fan moved freely so no bearing issue that I could tell. After I pulled the capacitor and tested it on a hope and prayer, I found the capacitor was fine so that means the motor itself has gone bad. You can buy a 1/10hp Dayton replacement motor for about $165 just about anywhere. I opted to hunt around and found a supplier selling to the public and picked up the same 1/10 Dayton replacement for $37 shipped to my door. Pray for me as I attempt to make it through this holiday weekend on two little electric space heaters until my new fan gets here around Monday. We have a snow storm headed this way so the garage isn't going to make a good shelter this weekend. Link to this item is below if anyone needs one, hard to find it otherwise with these specific specs.
dayton 1 tenth hp motor $37.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dayton-20H...epid=0&hash=item2ab69f390b:g:LY4AAOSwSc1bpin9

Junky

Well Known Member
I needed a small, silver dollar sized electric fuel pump for my Kubota... The dealer wanted $137, plus $20 shipping, and could have it in 3 days.. I ordered it from Amazon, and I got it in 7 cays for $20 with free shipping. Next day delivery doesn't cover everything they sell. My fuels filters were $5.50 from the dealer, and I got 5 for $8.99 on ebay. You have to shop around today, unless you are wealthy, like Phil

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I needed a small, silver dollar sized electric fuel pump for my Kubota... The dealer wanted $137, plus $20 shipping, and could have it in 3 days.. I ordered it from Amazon, and I got it in 7 cays for $20 with free shipping. Next day delivery doesn't cover everything they sell. My fuels filters were $5.50 from the dealer, and I got 5 for $8.99 on ebay. You have to shop around today, unless you are wealthy, like Phil
I was once told that you don't become a millionaire by spending a million bucks. We live pretty comfortably because we shop around for everything. I have a pretty good system down to find just about anything. Unfortunately I can't get most things locally at a reasonable price though.