Which fiberglass company?

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
Thank you for all the input! Between here and other forums, it appears most people who bought VFN seem happy, but it seems everybody is happy who bought Glasstek. I think I'll go Glasstek, hope it doesn't reject my VFN scoop!:D

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
With your performance level you’re probably going with the lift off Hood correct……….?
I know there’s a leadtime on these parts now but Glasstek. has advertised right now a Bolt on for better than $100 off……. Here you go…..In stock/discounted and ready to go!

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was going to order a 62 flat hood and a super duty extra large scoop for my white lightning race car, The hood was 525.00 for a pin on, 180.00 for the scoop. There is a 30 day wait for the hood. Then she told me that with tax handling and shipping to a hub near me would be 1185.00. :doh the parts are 705.00. That's just bull shit!!! I'm looking some place else! :tantrum:furious

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I was going to order a 62 flat hood and a super duty extra large scoop for my white lightning race car, The hood was 525.00 for a pin on, 180.00 for the scoop. There is a 30 day wait for the hood. Then she told me that with tax handling and shipping to a hub near me would be 1185.00. :doh the parts are 705.00. That's just bull shit!!! I'm looking some place else! :tantrum:furious
Who from?

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We installed GlassTek hood and deck lid on Wully Bully II when it was built 24 years ago. Fit was great, never had any issues with them since. The hood on Wully Bully was from Aeroglass, they went out of business. That hood was repaired several times due to delamination. Carl used VFN on the Chevy II when he built that, had no issues with their parts either.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I was actually thinking bolt on. Even glass it would be hard to take off alone as its big. Figured lose springs, but use hinges and prop rod.

One man job to take off pinned hood on mine. When I went to fglass, never thought about hinges. No problems. If friends are around, I use 2 , but not necessary.

Last edited: