Which fiberglass company?

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
I do find it interesting that there is a considerable claimed weight difference between the Glasstek and VFN

VFN says pin hood 10lbs and bolt on 15lbs

Glasstek says 20lbs and 40lbs respectively.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Johnny, VFN is way off on there weights And have been for a long time! Don’t know why but they are! I bought a bolt on deck lid from them and I decided to just sell it because it was a lot heavier than listed! Use glassteks weights if you do go with the VFN

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
October 2019 was when I bought the hood, both bumpers and the scoop from VFN. Shipping was 85 bucks....235 miles away. Couldn't drive there for that. BTW, I opened packages before accepting at shipping point.

Hood is easy pick off with scoop being close. For me it works great.

27201.jpeg

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well, I just ordered me a new super duty scoop and a pin on fiberglass hood. It's going to be delivered to a hub near me 2/3 weeks and the total bill is 999.00 And yes it is About about seven pounds heavier thandy Vfn. V f n wanted 1285.00

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well, I just ordered me a new super duty scoop and a pin on fiberglass hood. It's going to be delivered to a hub near me 2/3 weeks and the total bill is 999.00 And yes it is About about seven pounds heavier thandy Vfn. V f n wanted 1285.00

VFN in October 2019.
My bumpers were $260@
Pin on hood $425
Lg Super Duty Scoop $110
Shipping $85

Total $1,140

Cheap..... :crazy Except the fancy chrome paint for the bumpers cost more than they did.... :facepalm :facepalm

It pays to shop sometimes. I would imagine the quality is not much different.

Last edited:

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
I checked VFN for bumpers about a week ago, as Glasstek only offers rear. Shipping to a freight depot was gonna be $400 on top of the $120 crating charge. Seemed steep, I paid less to ship a rear axle.