Which Headers ?

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
I have got it pretty much narrowed down to the Jardines and the Stahls ( Stahls recommended by a trusted member ). I like the Doug Tri-Y's but they are 1 3/4". For what I want this engine to make for power and it only seeing the street I want them to be no bigger than 2" primary tubes , I think 1 7/8" would be perfect.

What I hope to learn from you guys is the fit and finish of what you have. I don't want to be hammering primaries half shut to clear stuff or to get header bolts in and I definitely don't want to cut my car up to get them to fit !

Your input will be greatly appreciated !

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have four sets of Stahl headers Two 2"& two 1-7/8" and never had to modify one set to fit I do not believe you can say that about Jardines headers. Although Stahl is only taking orders till the end of this mounth :bang

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
I have four sets of Stahl headers Two 2"& two 1-7/8" and never had to modify one set to fit I do not believe you can say that about Jardines headers. Although Stahl is only taking orders till the end of this mounth :bang

So I have missed the boat on them ? Or the end of December ?

You didn't have to cut up the inner fenders or anything like that ?

You must have quite the stable of 09's :bow

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So I have missed the boat on them ? Or the end of December ?Sorry the end of December
You didn't have to cut up the inner fenders or anything like that ?
Yes you will have to massage the inner fender well a bit. I did cut mine though

You must have quite the stable of 09's :hide

Drags 057 (Small).jpg

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Kevin,

I ended up putting a set of Doug's Headers on my 409/425. They look & sound great.

Kevin Green

Well Known Member
They both look killer and sound like they will actually fit. My builder puts tri-y's on all the 305 sprint car motors they build cuz they picked up power and torque across the board ( TOTALLY different motors I know ). I like the 1 7/8" primaries and 3.5" collectors on the Stahls. I'll call them tomorrow and see what the availability is on them and go from there I guess.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The Jardine headers are a great design that make good power just be prepared to spend some time on them before they fit just right. My needed some dimpling to a few tubes to get header bolts started, there were a couple pin holes in the welded areas that had to be fixed and one tube even had a small cut in it that had to be welded up and ground down smooth. If you buy the Jardines make sure you install them in the car with the gaskets you intend to use and then have them powdercoated! Do NOT powdercoat them before test fitting or you will be sorry

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Figured i'd ask as I purchased the fenderwell,just looking for issues to come as my 63 is apart.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
My 64 Biscayne which has been used for a few years for building/fitting the Jardine headers will be leaving Wyoming soon. I will be bringing it back home as soon as this cold spell breaks. I bought it about 5 years ago with the hopes of installing a stroker and doing a little racing. Hoping to work on it this winter.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am planning on buying the Jardine fenderwells before the end of the year. I have been planning on getting the 4-into-1 with 2" primaries, but may end up with 2" stepped to 2 1/8". I also heard that they make a tri-Y fenderwell header besides the regular chassis fenderwell.....so I'll probably talk to Jerod about them too.

What are the ones in your avatar 63 dream'n?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I purchased the 2" with the 3.5" collector.bought directly from jerod, would've been 100.00 less from show cars.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
^ Same here. Bought direct from Jerod and paid more for them. Showcars sells them for $100 less so I'd suggest ordering from them instead if anyone is thinking about them

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I thought Jerod was giving members a discount not an increase? Am I wrong?