hey w head
guess i will see you on labor day
if i can get the w motor to go that far :roll
roger :cheers
61 bubbletop
409 425hp
4 speed
factory a/c

Yes, we are still on for the Labor Day car show. Hope you and Rick can come up early :cheers

On Amsoil, yes it cost more, but you do not have to change oil as ofter. On my late model GMs I go 10,000 miles on a oil and filter change, then change the oil filter and add 1 qt. and go another 7000 miles before I do a complete oil change. Been doing this for about 20 yearsand inside of the engine is very clean. I know, I know, it took me several years before I was convenced not to change oil and filter every 3000 miles, but it works. Amsoil even has a oil filter kit that they say you can go 100,000 miles with out changing oil. I know some 18 wheel truckers that have this kit on their rigs. The oil filter is about the size of a gal. milk jug. As I said before, everone has their on ideal of what work for them.

W Head
59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Interesting to see the various responses. I figured the synthetics would have a little larger following. I was reading an old Hot Rod article about the 409 which stated that Chevy engineers recommended straight 30 weight oil for most uses unless it was cold, when 20 or even 10 weights were endorsed. A high-pressure oil pump was also recommended over high-volume. I run Rotella 5W-40 synthetic in my '95 Blazer, '46 F@&d 2N tractor, and all of my lawn equipment. Plan to use syn oil in a W engine sometime too. :brow
RPO