Which scatter shield bellhousing fits best?

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have seen a flexi fan with the stainless rivet on blades come apart and put a blade straight through the hood. If you had your self under the hod instead of it closed you wouldn't be here.
Will never use one of those things again.

Steve

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I asked the question about a scatter shield and herd both sides of the argument of weather it's needed or not for the street. I started with this so far.
I have the cast iron bell and a few aluminum ones I could use. A little less weight and piece of mind knowing you will be safe with a blow proof housing would be nice though.
My dad and brother always had some hot rod or off road vehicle all stock flywheels an clutches and everything but that part of them came apart.

Price seemed right and couldn't find any bad reviews. Not sure where or who it's made by though.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/602205/10002/-1?parentProductId=3295880

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I saw the result of no blanket on a 10 second automatic car. One lucky driver. Parts even in the back seat area.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Back in the 70s one of my street racing buddies side stepped his GTO and it let go. Looked like an Uzi got the floorboard and the hood. His foot caught a piece also. After that I put a Laweood on the Impala!

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I ended up canceling the order for the jegs sfi flywheel. Back order till July.
Ordered A PRW sfi wheel. Not sure on a clutch yet. Have a standard Hays new never used now.
Is it worth buying a used blow proof bell or just spend the cash on a new one?
Just asking cause I know where a used one is and I'm sure it was behind a crazy big block. Not sure if the warp or not.

Last edited:

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I ended up canceling the order for the jegs sfi flywheel. Back order till July.
Ordered A PRW sfi wheel. Not sure on a clutch yet. Have a standard Hays new never used now.
Is it worth buying a used blow proof bell or just spend the cash on a new one?
Just asking cause I know where a used one is and I'm sure it was behind a crazy big block. Not sure if the warp or not.
The one I put on mine last week was used... I think it's ok as long as it doesn't look like it's been compromised and indexes ok on the block....