who went to beaver springs dragway?

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
spent weeks finishing the racecar for July 13 at beaver springs. gonna be the nostalgia race of the year. got home friday from a week at the ocean with family. all day saturday getting truck, trailer and racecar loaded for early departure sunday. saturday night in the driveway at home...a brakeline blows on the truck. at least it happened at home.
So..........i did'nt get to go. who did? can you tell us how the race went?

Speed

Supporting Member 1
rain

but, the event was packed !

Great job by Beaver Bob / Darwin...

York---Beaver Springs

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Beaver

Bob
Yes It did Rain. Bob pulled plug around 6:00 PM.
There where 40 Nostaglia Super Stock ready to Rumble.
Almost like the Super Stock shoot out at York August of 1965.
We where first group of cars to start eliminations after the opening
ceremony.
The first two pairs went down track, third pair got staged, than it started
to rain, end of story. Tried to dry track at least three times before calling
it a day.
I would have been the 9th pair to go down track.
Stands where full of spectators and good complement of race cars.
It was hot and humid, but did get two time runs before noon.
Just about everyone was slower because of heat.
This was the place to be at if you are into older drag cars. (next year):cheers
Allen

W.MOTORS

We also went up with my uncles Old C/Gasser drove up early Sat morning thought we could get a little sleep before the gates opened we were first in line .Five mins later a really nice lady came up and opened the gate at 6.30 am. I asked her where tech was. She told us Then I asked what time we could fire up the car She replied were up lets get them all up .And the rest of the weekend only got better The Owners of the track really care about the Racers and the spectators and really Did put together a nice show even with the rain
:cheers

Walt

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx for posting guys, i wish i had of gone to the beaver any way. the good news....my truck troubles are over. today i got an 06 silverado 3500HD crew cab 4X4 with Dmax and allison 6 speed. 660 Ft Lbs. torque. it is a beast, cant wait to pull it really hard.
see you at the races.

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
We were there and it was incredible how nice that place is. Beaver Bob was outstanding, unfortunately he couldn't hold the rains back and we were forced to call it a day without making a pass down the track. On the ride home we were already talking about next year. We'll do our best to make it up to the people that came to watch the Mountain Motor Nostalgia A/FX race between us and Jack Todd's 61 Ford.