who will rebuild my 3-2barrel rochester carbs

boug58

Well Known Member
Looking for someone that can tell me who rebuilds 2 barrel rochester carbs,they are off of my 348. They are not the correct ones by numbers. I,am having problems with the accelerator pumps and linkage. Also front and back carbs will stick at times with the throttle wide open by hand. There is binding going on in the throttle area.
If someone could get back with me on this you can call at 1906-786-2341 or email me at dbougie@chartermi.net Please post a reply

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
One source

The Carb King in Eldon, Missouri is known for his commitment to multiple carbs. That would be one possibility, although I do not know the cost.

They are not that complicated that one cannot get a manual and do it one's self :).

Other should have insights as well!

TomK

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Post Some Pics

:crazy I agree that you can get parts and instruction to do it yourself. If you can post pics of what you have we could propably help better. One alternative is Show Car sells a complete set of 3 for $800.00 but then linkage may be different. I rebuilt 6 for a 6 deuce set-up and use parts from Vintage Speed.

sonseeker

My freind had his three deuces rebuilt in Flint,Mi at United Carburetor,on Davison Rd. They have 3 guys that work there and newbie has 28 yrs there, other 2 guys own the place since 60's

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Charlie Price and his employees are some of the best around. I've been to his shop on numerous occassions and I would have to say that they are highly knowledgable and very meticulous when it comes to rebuilding the Rochester 2G's.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
carbs

Charlie Price and his employees are some of the best around. I've been to his shop on numerous occassions and I would have to say that they are highly knowledgable and very meticulous when it comes to rebuilding the Rochester 2G's.

That is where the carbs came from, I believe he is trying to work something out with Charlie.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s