Why I Carry a Gun

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
usually it's when he becomes too old to take an a_ _ whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an a_ _ whoopin'.
....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I just took two out of my truck. Will be replacing them soon. Better safe than sorry.

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
you never know
I just bought a used 10/22 last week for shooting varmints around the house
bought a new mossberg predator 223 today for long range varmints
got a gun safe full and weapons under beds and in closets etc. etc.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When we moved into the neighborhood we had a bad coyote problem. Not anymore...:brow

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
If I could only have 1 gun it would be a shotgun. Thankfully I am able to have many more. Moose aren't bad Bill, but them damn man eating deer! Truck will get a new "addition" when weather gets warmer.I hate leaving guns in a vehicle in winter. The temperature fluctuations/moisture raise hell with them. I was raised to respect my guns.

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Lets just hope we can continue to have them to enjoy/respect/shoot, things looking bleak with this rapid attack against our second amendment by some of our "leaders".

Dennis

roger c

Well Known Member
I keep an old bird gun around the shop, course the bird has to be pretty close & I only get one shot at it.

small%20017.JPG

roger c

Well Known Member
Yes, it does.

Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arms length.
Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win, cheat if necessary.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
If you let them within an arms reach, they got you. No less than 6 feet away. Any closer and they can get you before you can react. I told my wife if she ever had a gun on someone, make them lie down, if they don't comply, shoot them.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yes, it does.

Never let someone or something that threatens you get within your arms length.
Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win, cheat if necessary.
That’s the most important rule in any fight, fight to win!! No such things as cheating I was always taught to win weather I have to grab your balls or bight your ear off and scratch eyes out I will do what it takes to win!! :bat

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
This is a video that was edited – original was by a lot of Hollywood stars asking that Americans “demand a plan” to deal with gun violence. The editors interjected clips from movies of violent scenes where the actors used guns themselves. The point is to point out the question as to whether they should practice what they preach. Of course, they don’t, as they are paid millions for the roles they play in movies. Pass along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcztgO8jklo