window frames and backplates

p nobre

Supporting Member 1
Hi everyone,
I have a great respect for the few local chrome restorers and buffers, but i am being asked a lot of money to redo the window frames and repair the 2 backplates, on my 60 hardtop.
Of course, these pieces do not seem to be reproduced and i will probably have to look at recyclers.
Any recommendations please ? Pictures attached.

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 61
  • imp red side.JPG
    imp red side.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 53

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Try Auto City Classic in Minnesota. They specialize in 58 Chevy but also have repro glass and frames for other chevys. I'm not sure if they are doing the 59-60 yet but may be or may have used ones.I assume you are talking about the pot metal rear quarter window frames.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Good window frames are not too difficult to find. But good Impala taillight panels ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!! You can find someone to reanodize them but most won't repaint the black stripes back on.

Good luck!!

cccchevy

Light Panel

I had Anobrite in North Hollywood, Ca. restore my back light panels on my 60 Elco. They removed all dents, anodized, and repainted all the black lines. They look brand new. I think it was $400-500.

http://www.anobrite.com/

gearhead409

Well Known Member
cccchevy

you must have the three pc. set off of a 60 nomad, they are very hard to find out our way. they do look good on an elky!!