window harness

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Where should the power window harness run for the rear windows? Should it go through were the lower removable panel is under the arm rest? Thanks Scott

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Power window harness

The 62 HT (i think 61 to 64)rear Power harness runs under the rear arm rest and into a hole drilled in the inside panel - and through the plastic protectors that snap together by each door. I have some pictures of what I had to do on my 62 HT. I will not be around for the next week from Sunday(to send pictures). My HT did not originally have Power windows so I found someone selliing a power window HT without most of the interior in place, and had him send me some pictures of the factory wiring routing with the door panel/1/4 panel interior pieces removed.

There is a dimple in the panel where the hole is drilled,its only a couple of inches off the floor. I had to find a rubber grommet that would fit around the harness to fill the rest of the hole around the harness(the hole has to be large enough to run the plastic plug for the motor. The power window wiring harness is also screwed to the interior panel near the original manual window control hole in the panel(I have pictures of this also). I don't remember if the power window arm and motor - had to have holes drilled for 2 of the 4 screws or the holes where existing. If I did there was at least 3 of the 4 factory stamped dimples to drill the holes were the motor mounted.

The power window switch is fitted in the interior panel right at the circular manual window control(if you don't it pushes the panel out farther than it should.

Paul Stensland
Sgt. Bluff, Iowa

bg64ss409

You don't say what year you have, but here are some pics of my 64 with factory windows.

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

Hope that helps

Brett

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I thought. I will probably use the removable panel to put the whole and grommet. It's a 62 that didn't hhave power windows originally. Thanks Scott Hall