59 Impala 409-2,4s

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So sorry to hear Winstons gone, I know it hurts:pray

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Wow,really sorry to hear that,he was a staple at the 09 events. going to miss him making his way around the grassy areas of Thompson. Ray

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Wow,really sorry to hear that,he was a staple at the 09 events. going to miss him making his way around the grassy areas of Thompson. Ray
102_0025.jpg

check this out at the 1st Thompson,this was a crack up,him next to the Wully Bullys!!

Winston, the little dog with a big personality has gone.

2008-10-06039cr.jpg

Many members will remember Winston from pictures posted on this site. He was also a regular at the yearly get togethers and usually managed to find his way into the group photos. Here he is in Norwalk Ohio. I think this was in 2007.

Norwalk051.jpg

Here's a few more pictures of Winston...

2009-04-10032cr.jpg

582545.jpg

Dec152004200388X10.jpg

WINSTON 2001-2012

8-2.jpg

Sorry to to hear about Winston, we never met but never met a dog I didn't like.To me a good dog is worth more than most relatives.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for all the kind words.
We'll miss Winston but he did have a good life and he did live for 10 1/2 years, which if pretty good for a Bulldog.
He was a bit of a rascal sometimes. One of his favorite tricks was to lie around the shop waiting for you to go under a car on a creeper. He'd wait until you had both hands busy then come charging under to lick your face. :grumble
He hasn't been able to come to the shop as much lately but it's especially empty around here knowing he won't be back supervise our projects. He was almost always funny and happy.

As you know, I always tried to get him in the picture. Here's a few of my favorites.
2008-10-06030web.jpg

This one with Denny's crew member is good. ( I can't remember her name right now ):doh They're in front of Phil and Candy's bikes at Norwalk.
2007july30037web.jpg

I also like this one with the Mack truck.
19cre.jpg

And here he is after a hard night of being Elvis at Halloween.
2008-10-31b087e-mailcra.jpg

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Giny & I are very sorry to hear about "WINSTON". I met him at Thompson last year. I said hi and he came right over to me with his back end wobbling all over the place. I bet he was a fixture at your shop for all those years and a bestfriend.Our heart goes out to you. I know when I had to put my shep-lab mix of 17 years down last year ,my wife and I were devastated.That dog was like a daughter to us. AT least now"WINSTON" is in a good place with no more pain.:pray

:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Jim and Jim :

Sorry to learn of the passing of Winston, he was as special a mascot that we could have hoped to have at our events.

Regards,
TomK

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Sorry to hear about Winston Jim & Jim, Ill remember him carring someone elses campfire wood over to your fire. Way cool dog. R.I.P. -----Dave.

chevman66

Supporting Member 10
...the pictures and memories are priceless. Sorry for your loss. Winston will be missed greatly!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim,sorry to hear about your loss of Winston.Being a dog lover,I can feel the pain your probably going thru. He'll always be remember as aone of the guys and a real car dog for sure!!! John

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Sorry, to hear about Winston, Jim.:( He was, part of your team, and part of your family. He will be missed.

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Winston was the 409 mascot who will not be forgotten. I only recall him missing (1) get together. Winston was liked by all.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim & Jim
Sorry to hear of Winston passing. I have several photos of him at Norwalk in addition to the group photo that Ann took. I'll look for them and send them to you.
My Max is having 12 year old retriever problems not serious yet.
robert

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jim I'm sorry about Winston. I think the first time I saw him in photo was on the HAMB during your Mack build. Loved the shots of him around the truck. Never got to meet him on the visits to your shop. They become so much a part of the family.