Wipers n washers

Les Clark

Hey all,
I have a single speed wiper motor on my '63 Bel Air without any washer pump.
As I'm in the UK, it is a legal requirement to fit washers. The car is pretty stock looking, so I didn't want to use an aftermarket washer bottle.
I can't find a pump for his motor although a single speed motor with pump is available at considerable cost. Anyone know if the pump is available?
The motor is the square shaped one and there is some kind of spindle with two adjacent screw holes in the mounting plate above the motor. This spindle is covered with a rubber boot. Not sure what this is for, any ideas?
I'd have to change the switch for one that pushes in to work the pump and presumably I could jump the feed wire for the motor to the pump and run an extra wire from the switch to trigger it. The only wiring diagrams I can find are for single speed, no washers and repro harnesses are for two speed with washers.
Thanks

Les Clark

No replies on this yet but after trawling the net and costing up the options, I 've decided to fit a repro washer jar and nozzles with an aftermarket 12v pump hidden underneath on the rad mount.
Two main reasons, firstly it seems that the cam driven pumps are somewhat sketchy in terms of their ability to actually squirt water onto the windshield and secondly the cost of the pump and changing the switch is too high.
I can fit the jar and 12v pump with a hidden push button switch for around $50 all in, plus the exorbitant cost of repro nozzles at $40.
I'll post a couple of pics when it's all fitted in case anyone is interested.