Wobble Engine

John Garrido

Supporting Member 2
Someone recently referred to my 348 Type W engine as a "wobble" engine. Any idea where that term came from?

John Garrido

Supporting Member 2
John, So what ever happened with the head on that engine?

The mechanic found a rebuilt head somewhere ...$4,000 installed and 1 year warranty. Thanks for your very generous offer, if they are in your way, let me know. I'll put them on a shelf here.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
John, How's the cruising going with the car now that the engine is back up and running? You putting any miles on it?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have heard them called waffle heads but not wobble motors. Many times they are referred to as dump truck or garbage truck motors, but those are the guys that spend all kinds of money on a car and then put a $500 small block in it. I have said it before and I will keep on saying it if your car has a small block in it keep the hood closed I don't want to see it, they are like belly buttons everyone has one!!

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wait a minute Steve, don't you have a small block in your C2 Corvette? I guess you did say everyone has one, so that explains that. I've only got two...

All kidding aside, I have a buddy who calls my various W engines by the phrase "pig haulers", a clear reference to the truck motor (engine).

Cheers! TomK

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Wait a minute Steve, don't you have a small block in your C2 Corvette? I guess you did say everyone has one, so that explains that. I've only got two...

All kidding aside, I have a buddy who calls my various W engines by the phrase "pig haulers", a clear reference to the truck motor (engine).

Cheers! TomK
Lol I never open the hood.

John Garrido

Supporting Member 2
John, How's the cruising going with the car now that the engine is back up and running? You putting any miles on it?

Hi Jeff, I'm taking it out for a frisky drive every couple of weeks. It's running great....do you go to any shows in our area? I've heard Winters has one on Tuesday evenings. If you hear about or are going to be cruising the Delta, give me a call. 916-416-5695