WTF........And a four letter word

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Here we go again - 81 degrees yesterday and going down to 22 degrees tonight. These temperature swings are tough on us old guys and my shop isn't heated!
John
You need to move north to Missouri, its only going to get to 28 here tonight. Ha, I thought Texas was supposed to be warm especially San Antonio!

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I guess I shouldn't have bitched about the weather earlier this year. Its been over 100 degrees here for the last 5 days, hitting an all-time high record for the month of July on Tuesday of 107 with a heat index of 112! Its now almost 10PM and the temperature is still 90 outside now. I had the cold water running in the sink in the house earlier this evening and it felt hot. I ran a meat thermometer in the "cold" water coming out of the faucet and it was 92.5 degrees!

It has been too hot to work in the shop this past week (no A/C - only fans). I can handle up to about 95, but once it goes over 100 it is too much for this old fart.

Stay cool!
John

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
We're mid to high 90s here in the Midwest, but the humidity is what drains me the most.

My upper mancave is well insulated but without AC it gets to the high 80s later in the afternoon when the Sun hits the side of the building. Down below I have no AC (well, there is a small 5000 BTU window unit) but it generally stays 10-15 degrees less than the outside temps. And it cools down over night. Fans help move the air and make it bearable.

Today I did some moving of parts to free up some space for future projects. Put up some additional shelving in the upper area:

New shelving.jpg

New shelving2.jpg
Unfortunately most mornings I'm outside a lot and it's getting more and more unbearable the older I get :).

Stay cool!

TomK

Last edited: