YOM License Plates

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
South Dakota is $10 lifetime. Restricted use. Number must not be in use by another. Must send picture to state and be in good condition.
I have 3 registered now and plan on registering a few more.

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Same here but no annual renewal fee, its a one time charge. Ca must have had 2 plates all the time where as Missouri started 2 plates in 72 so anything before that there is only 1 plate (rear).
As far back as I needed to look, CA has shipped 2 plates. Not to bad because the front one usually ends up as garage art.

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
In Missouri you need to find out if the plate number has been reissued, one need to do that before you spend moneys on a set of plates.
In the past, on the personalized plate configuration page on DMV.CA.gov site, you could enter the YOM plate number you want and if it came back no information found, you were clear to use them. I think that has changed.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
In Pa, you can use a yom plate. First you need to pay to license your classic / antique vehicle using the state issued plate. Then you need to pay again to use the yom plate. So, it costs double the fee to use a yom plate. What a state.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
In Pa, you can use a yom plate. First you need to pay to license your classic / antique vehicle using the state issued plate. Then you need to pay again to use the yom plate. So, it costs double the fee to use a yom plate. What a state.
Same fee structure here in Maryland. Here is my only tag that is YOM on one of the 61’s. I like the tag as it’s the only green one I believe Maryland used
Robert
51CE13FA-481A-4E15-B53C-7FD3FF95F3DB.jpeg