York nostalgia show

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
John (paintjohn) will be there. He's been asked to display his car in the pavilion :clap. I hope to make it Saturday.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Sorry Robert, Don't think I can make it.:rolleyes::D

oh heck Cecil just get a flight to BWI and I'll pick you up on the way there. We could even stop by Dick MacKenzie's on the way back if he isn't able to make it and we can add to his aluminum block collection:roll:roll Ann & I could take you to one of the local steamed crab houses instead of the Italian place we took you the last time you were here.:cheers
robert

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
dont know if i can make York saturday. i'm in OC right now. return friday afternoon, then pack racecar and head for Beaver Springs for sundays York US30 reunion race. I intend to debut the "Loving Chevrolet" but i cant do both. my uncle always has his 64 hemi "Bounty Hunters" in the York show and i see his name on the race poster. so i am hoping to see all of you at the races.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob: I am 40 minutes from OC. I am assuming you're on vacation and just hanging out. I'm helping with the family errands this week but let me know if you have any free minutes. Do you have the car on the coastal highway????? you needed it there back in May to show those street racers what's going on although a few of those cars were right anyway!!! Dick is fairly close also. He needs to go to Secrets to help with the aluminum.:roll:roll
robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
oh heck Cecil just get a flight to BWI and I'll pick you up on the way there. We could even stop by Dick MacKenzie's on the way back if he isn't able to make it and we can add to his aluminum block collection:roll:roll Ann & I could take you to one of the local steamed crab houses instead of the Italian place we took you the last time you were here.:cheers
robert

Robert,
I used to fly into BWI routinely when I was still working but I don't do that anymore. My preferred method of travel is driving. It's not that I don't like flying....I just HATE airlines and the airport experience. Did it too many years. Just imagine your typical airport experience and multiply it by at least 3 times a day and 4 or 5 days a week.:cuss

Thanks for the invitation though.:cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: Maybe later when you are on another driving trip. I saw the article below on fox news but I am not sure you miss all of this fun. Of course this would only happen in New York right?? I thought you just stayed in the left seat and were entertained by the "stews":brow

MYFOXNY.COM -- A flight from Florida to New York Sunday night never got off the ground. That's because after the flight crew arrived late, angry and impatient passengers got verbally agitated and hostile. Apparently it was so bad, the crew wasn't comfortable working the flight so they refused to take off. Dick Brennan has the exclusive report.
robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil: Maybe later when you are on another driving trip. I saw the article below on fox news but I am not sure you miss all of this fun. Of course this would only happen in New York right?? I thought you just stayed in the left seat and were entertained by the "stews":brow

MYFOXNY.COM -- A flight from Florida to New York Sunday night never got off the ground. That's because after the flight crew arrived late, angry and impatient passengers got verbally agitated and hostile. Apparently it was so bad, the crew wasn't comfortable working the flight so they refused to take off. Dick Brennan has the exclusive report.
robert

Robert,
Oh, the stories I could tell. I've had similar experiences many times. When you get in late from an inbound flight and you have an aircraft swap to the next outbound flight which, of course, is at the farthest gate from where you came in. By the time you get to the aircarft, all the passengers which were pre=boarded, are sitting there waiting. Invariably some smartass makes a comment like "we didn't get you out of bed did we?"
I used to fly the all-nighters which start out about 4 or 5 pm, and after several flights end up in Las Vegas around midnight and all leave about 1 am to all points in the system for the last leg. I did many of those ending up in BWI about 7am the next morning. Generally the late night flights were troublesome with drunks, smoking, fights, punching out a flight attendant or co-pilot, etc. I made many unscheduled stops to hand someone over to law enforcement.
Probably the wierdest events though happened on the normal daytime flights. I was sitting in the airplane in Denver one time waiting for the pax to board when I heard a commotion inthe back of the plane. One of the pax went wierd and started yelling and screaming, ran off the arplane shedding all his clothes, and by the time the got up the jetway into the terminal he was buck naked. I watched as airport police tackled him in front of some little old ladies.
Another time we were 37,000 ft over El Paso when the flight attendant called up and said they had a passenger who had a broken leg that was all swollen and black and blue. I asked if he had fallen or what and she said that he only had one leg that had no feeling and when he was boarded they snagged his leg on an armrest and may have broken it:eek:.:doh So here we had a passenger with only one leg and we broke it for him! We spiraled down into El Paso and delivered him to an ambulance. The company had a lot of explaining to do on that one. Never heard what it cost us.:dunno

Sorry to hijack the thread. I need my meds.:coffee:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Cecil: I'm rolling:roll:roll:clap please start a pilot story of the day.:clap:clap
robert
p.s. Ann may learn that you were her pilot several years ago who had a bad approach at Charlotte, pulled up and around then "pancaked" and messed up the plane(and a few passengers underwear:D)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob Walker: We haven't heard from you in a while over in Ocean City. I hope you are ok and did not get caught up in that gang incident the other night in Ocean City. They brought in 63 police officers and had the highway administration close the south (rt 50 ) bridge. Seems as though two large gangs were hanging out in OC and they got into a turf incident at a local hangout. I heard several were admitted to the hospital along with a few policemen. Be careful over there!!! Ocean City isn't what it used to be in the 60's-70's
robert
I hear that the gang presence is greatest during holidays, festivals and August but non active during the May Cruising event. I wonder why??? Maybe we police our own way then:roll:roll

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx for asking Robert.
we are at 60th right on the bay. nice and quiet over here. did'nt even realize they have gang garbage problems over here. maybe OC's finest should close both bridges and the north road (to keep the media and casa out) then administer some old fashioned justice. dont even get me started about todays way of dealing with troublemakers..........put them in timeout, yeah,,,,that might work.