You Could Own a Tennessee Dragstrip for Under $600,000

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

62BillT

Well Known Member
If 10 people chipped in, it would only be $60,000 Each, 20 people $30,000. Someone needs to form an association.

I did something similar years ago on a much smaller scale on a large complex building we rented that we used as a garage. Seven of us went in on it and the monthly payments were impressively cheap.

Last edited:

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If 10 people chipped in, it would only be $60,000 Each, 20 people $30,000. Someone needs to form an association.

I did something similar years ago on a much smaller scale on a large complex building we rented that we used as a garage. Seven of us went in on it and the monthly payments were impressively cheap.
I did the same thing many years ago with 3 other guys two of use we’re bringing in the jobs and banging out the work while the other two brought in nothing and weren’t helping out with the work that was coming in. But at the end of a month the two goldbricks had their hand out so they could pay their share of the rent. That didn’t last to long and I’ve haven’t engaged in a partnership like since

62BillT

Well Known Member
And the garage above, it was cheap OK, but come the first of the month, me and one friend had the rent money ready. I had to chase the other 5, lol.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Dang, I even have another garage story, lol. After the 7 guy garage ended (we were booted out by the owner because of complaints from the residential neighbors), I got a 2 guy garage. It needed some work to make it suitable for us and guess who ended up doing 90% of it? I finally influenced him to move out.

By the way, forget my original reply above, lol.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
yes that worked out pretty good he was using the shop during the weekdays Mon- Fri and I was there nights and weekends we almost never saw each other unless we were hanging out together. All cash Business always had a wad in my pocket should have never given that up