Your Opinion is required

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Steve, it's just an opinion....way too much gold for a big car! Jeff and Jason might have something, black would be a lot more sinister looking, kind of the Shelby/Hertz look.

OTOH, I like the Ute...

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks guys.
Again any thoughts are valued and make me think a bit more.
I like black but I have had a black hotrod and it used to drive me nuts keeping it clean. In new Zealand the must only be 30 61 bubbles at the most. Of that there would be 12 white.10 red. Rest black.
no fear on the hydraulics Cecil :barf1

Gold with black stripe and roof?
I guess I really like this particular gold. It really pops in the sun but also has a glow in low light.
looked at going green but it is hard to get a darker green that doesn't look sort of dirty in the low light.

Steve

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Is your ute color close to post number 10, I do like that.don"t know about the hood scoop ???

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just about any dark color would allow you to retain the fawn interior. Almost.

My son has a program that can show most vehicles with different colors on them. He uses it to design wraps and graphics for cars, trucks etc. I will ask him if he can take a 61 bubble and put some different colors on it.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Is your ute color close to post number 10, I do like that.don"t know about the hood scoop ???
In the sun in real life yes. NO hood scoop on this one.
if you Google search for holden wildfire paint images you can across the images get an idea of what it is color wise.
doesn't photograph well.

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Just about any dark color would allow you to retain the fawn interior. Almost.

My son has a program that can show most vehicles with different colors on them. He uses it to design wraps and graphics for cars, trucks etc. I will ask him if he can take a 61 bubble and put some different colors on it.

That would be real cool Jeff,

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If your going to go with the gold and black stripe in my opinion it would also have to have a black top. As for keeping the stock fawn interior and the yute color you picked I don't think that is going to work and painting the dash black wouldn't look right either. With the color you chose I think a custom interior would be a must...:D I think a set of 62-64 buckets and black leather interior would look bitchen with dash body color...:brow

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am at a similar crossroads, I am a long ways off from being even close to paint but when I was in Omaha I found a color that I really like less the ghost flames and gold pinstripe. But unsure that I could retain the red (63 maroon) interior and I really don't want to switch everything over to black.
IMG_0868.JPG

62imp13.jpg
I love everything about this car. Stance is exactly as I would like to have and I love black cars plus I could retain the red interior but black is such a pain to keep clean.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The top looks "hairy".......oh well ......then again texture is a cool addition,maybe a vinyl top.or the top and stripe were painted to mimic carbon fiber......cool!