Z-11 $199.995

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
hmmmmm....coming down? Wasn't it $239,000 a short while back? :dunno
Dick, you are right. Pat Lobb here. The price was well over $200K about 6-8 months ago. It is amazing all of these surviving Z-11 cars have some baggage, except a couple. Even the Terry Prince car appears to have had a frame replaced or modified considerably. As I understand when found it had a straight axle under it with lots of parts missing or cut off. I do know Roger did a really great first class job of restoring it to its current condition, very well done. This car for which the price is dropping I have heard also has some baggage, not really sure, however they have done a fantastic job with it no matter what condition it was found in. Bottom line is we all know the prices are dropping and I think they will continue for some time before returning to a % of where they were. With the craftsmen out there today almost anything can be reproduced for a price, the problem is when you finish you have so much in one you better plan on taking a haircut or just keeping it. Just my .02 worth.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
On the subject of Z-11 parts, I ran into Doug Hughes at the swap meet today, and he told me he is planning to start liquidating some of his holdings. I don't know how many of you know Doug, but he has been a collector and builder of exotic chevy and pontiac engines for some time. He is a walking history book of racing. He is not on the internet, so I offered to post some info on here when he gets his list together. One thing he mentioned was an NOS autographed Z-11 cam and an early engineering (L prefix) prototype 2x4 manifold from 61. I don't know what all he is going to part with but I do know he has a mystery motor, some Z-11 parts, and some Pontiac super Duty stuff.
No details yet, but a heads up for anyone who might be looking for some of these things.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I believe this is the Raymond Fowler Z-11 car. I know he had this and a 63 425HP SS red/red for sale. He sent me pictures of the 2 cars a couple of years ago.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
prototype 2x4 manifold from 61.
No details yet, but a heads up for anyone who might be looking for some of these things.

I would perhaps be interested in the date coded proto dual-quad 2x4 for 1961. If its reasonably priced. I have already seen this manifold at a swap meet many years ago and passed it up. I have no use for it right now, but it would be sweet to put on top of a "Q" 61 block. :crazy

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I would perhaps be interested in the date coded proto dual-quad 2x4 for 1961. If its reasonably priced. I have already seen this manifold at a swap meet many years ago and passed it up. I have no use for it right now, but it would be sweet to put on top of a "Q" 61 block. :crazy
It's long gone.