Z-11 Article - Just in time for Great Bend

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Great article, thanks for posting the link. Hank is a great guy! I'm glad they mentioned the previous owners, Jack May is from Powhatan, Virginia, about 15 to 20 miles from where I live and the other previous owner listed was Allen Long, Allen was my neighbor and friend. His passed away this past spring.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great article!! I'll have to go get it.
I called Hank about 2 weeks ago to make sure he was invited. Need to call back and see if he can make it.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great article! :beer
Thanks for posting it.

I sure hope Hank can make it to the convention. :pray

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Great article!! I'll have to go get it.
I called Hank about 2 weeks ago to make sure he was invited. Need to call back and see if he can make it.

I thought he had sold the car....guess not if you talked to him within the past couple of weeks

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Talked with Hank again this morning Tommy. He said he's not sure if he can make it, would let me know early next week.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I thought it was a new current story but Geoff wrote it in 2007.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I do too!!! He didn't want to come to the 2004 event but I convinced him to bring the car. It was a complete rolling chassis with the Z-11 air cleaner and he kept starting it!!!! It was a big hit!!!! Hope he can fits us in. If I told him you would buy the car if he brought it.............I'm sure that would change his mind!!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I'm pretty sure he would but then he would disappointed and you would be trouble!!!