Z-11 Convention Cars!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
INAUGURAL 348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION
1962 & 1963 Z-11 SHOW CARS

The following is a list of owners and show cars that are “scheduled to appear”. All have said that, barring any last minute problems, they will be here for the convention. This is a very impressive list of cars!!

DON FEZELL

Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins white 1963 Z-11 Impala. This was the very first production Z-11 car built and probably the best known of all the cars.

The Alan Green Chevrolet 1963 Z-11 Impala from Seattle, WA.

The Enoch Chevrolet 1963 Z-11 Impala from Southgate, CA. This car was driven originally by Richard Schroeder.

NOTE: At KCIR on Saturday, Don will race Grumpy’s car against the Alan Green car. Can you imagine these two cars going down the track 41 years after their debut!!!! Don races the cars thru 3rd gear and then coasts thru the traps…UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

HANK GABBERT

The Jack May 1963 Z-11, driven by Good Ole’ Mr. Wilson, completely restored rolling chassis will be on display. It is a running engine and transmission but the body will not installed yet. Hank will be bringing along his aluminum front end to display also.

DENNIS McCLENDON

Dennis has a black 1962 Belair sport coupe complete with the aluminum front end and Z-11 engine.

RUSTY SYMMES

Rusty has a blue 1962 Belair sport coupe complete with the aluminum front end and Z-11 engine. He will be bringing his 2 Z-11s on his restored 1950 MHS car hauler. This car hauler is the most incredible restoration you have ever seen and is worth the price of admission just to see it!!!

TOM JACOBSON

1962 Biscayne 2 door sedan with a Z-11 engine. “Old Blue” has been in the NHRA Museum in Pomona, CA.

JACK GIBBS

Jack has a white 1962 Belair sport coupe with the aluminum front end and Z-11 engine.

JIM BARNES

Jim has a red 1962 Belair sport coupe with the Z-11 engine that is just being completed in time to be here. In fact, Jim will see the finished car for the very first time here when it is unloaded!!

WILLIE SMITH

Willie is bringing the aqua Frank Sander’s “S&S Headers” 1963 Z-11 Impala.

Z-11 RACE CARS

We will have some cars here to race with Z-11 components also.

JERRY WALSH

Jerry will have his 1962 bubbletop “Virginia Connection” here. It has a Z-11 race engine.

DENNIS McCLENDON

Dennis will have his 1962 bubbletop with his aluminum head Z-11 race car. This is an all tube chassis car that has just been certified for 7.50’s!!!!!

RUSTY SYMMES

Rusty will have his 1962 Belair sport coupe with a full race Z-11 engine to run at the track on Saturday.

BOB WALLA

Bob has a 1964 Impala Super Sport with a 409 and a Z-11 top half. Bob has raced this car in the Indianapolis area for over 20 years!!

MORE 409 RACE CARS

DONNIE SHAFFER

Donnie will have his 1963 Impala “The Obsolete Missle”. This 409, 4-speed car has turned 9.95 @ 136MPH. Not bad for a stocker!!

KEN WALSH

Ken Walsh will be here with his 1963 white Impala “Mr. 409”. Ken turns times in the low 10’s. Go to www.beaversprings.com. Scroll down to the first picture of the race cars and there is Ken leaving the line. Incredible picture!!!

There will be many more cars here. Most aren’t registered yet but THEY WILL BE HERE!!!

I can't mention all the racers that will be here because you get in trouble when you forget someone!! But, from what I am hearing, alot of them will be here!!

I'll have this posted on the website shortly. Be sure to check out some of our "new" sponsors!!!

The registrations are starting to come in...that is sure appreciated!!!

More later......

Phil

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Somebody needs to take lots of pictures,........LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
and burn some CD roms for those who can not attend.
And believe me I have a good excuse,
it is right around the time my first child is due to make an appearance into this world.
My wife is very supportive of my interest in these old cars,
but I am sure she would have to draw the line on this one.
So as I said Before,.........Lots of pictures..........Please :D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's Handled!!!!

Todd...droptop62

We will be offering videos of our convention. They will be approximatley 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length and will be available in both CD and VHS tape versions.

These videos will contain parts of all the conventon functions: dyno exhibition runs, cars and owners from the show car area on Friday at the KCI Expo Center, selected interviews with car owners and participants, parts of the seminars speakers, and excerpts from the Friday evening banquet and program. Of course, no video would be complete without film from the racing on Saturday from the 348-409 Fall Nationals!!

These videos will be $39.95 each plus shipping and will be available about 4 to 6 weeks after the convention.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I know what you mean loafer. I cancelled my hotel reservations back in July. :cry :cry
Ron

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Come on guys !! If you don`t have time to drive ,,,,,FLY !!!!

$250 round trip !!! You could spend that in a month on donuts !! :D

If you don`t have a room I`m sure some of the other members will/could double up in there rooms !!

Each room has a pull out bed in the couch,,,,

Shoot,,,, we had five guys in the room at Hot August Nights !!! ,,,dq

BTW,,, Whats a nut going for these days???? :eek:

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
costs

dq409 said:
Come on guys !! If you don`t have time to drive ,,,,,FLY !!!!
$250 round trip !!! You could spend that in a month on donuts !! :D
If you don`t have a room I`m sure some of the other members will/could double up in there rooms !!Each room has a pull out bed in the couch,,,,
Shoot,,,, we had five guys in the room at Hot August Nights !!! ,,,dq
BTW,,, Whats a nut going for these days???? :eek: .

Hmmmm........$135 (late, I know), $25 banquet, $99 per nite x 4 nights, all times two (me & my son), $40 to get into the drag strip to do the swap meet shot the trip outta the dream for me plus the gas to get there and back. We just had too many medical bills lately.

I'd love to be there.....but.....

:cry