Z-11 Intake Manifold Study

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You're welcome Jack Wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil......You need to know that I'm feelin' the love baby. :D

In all seriousness, Phil Reed did a job that most likely could not be duplicated again. To assemble all the parts that are date coded correct for the 1963 Z-11 program is phenomenal. The QM block is all that is needed, so if anyone out there has one that is usable, then let me know. Phil said he would buy it for me!!!:pray:pray:winner:winner

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jim,
Many thanks!!!!!

Certainly see why these ears broke if overtightened. Clarifies the additional beef on the one I have and one or two others I've seen. Guess the one I have has seen some action!! .....If not......I'll just make it up!! Maybe Jenkins???!!!!!:dunno2:):)

When you are done with the loaner......you can loan it to me!!!

Thanks Again, Dennis

430hp

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Another view of an intake with beefed up ears. This intake is dated 1964, minimal casting flaws, no grind marks. Over the counter part. All intakes I have seen dated 1962 had the thin ears like in Jim's posting. The thicker ears came out later after GM realized the design was flawed.

Last edited:

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Great images, and thank you for putting these up. Nice to see all this rare stuff up close. Take care, D

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Decision is made.....natural it is...!!........... Carl Macquillin to build the motor. Gonna' be an interesting build!!
Will have a light rotating mass...should really pop (for an old street motor)!!:brow

Many thanks for all the kind words and input

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this engine turns out. It should be nice. :beer
By the way, I wouldn't worry too much about the minor flaws and repairs. It's pretty much to be expected on these kind of rare engine parts.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Boy.............you can't use that one on the left Pat!! Looks too flimsy. Trade you a camshaft for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
This has turned into a great thread! Thanks all for the great information!!!

Phil, I forget to tell you the Eonics camshaft you had somehow wound up in my SUV. !!!!!!

Call me Pat!!