Z-11's ending up in Endicott NY

Speed

Supporting Member 1
Jerry Hotchkiss..Malcolm Durham '63 Z-11
Carl Theobald / Houston Platt Z-11 64 Chevelle ( owned back then by A&A , Gene Anderson,atlanta)

Attachments

• houston platt later carl theobald z11 chevelle 1964.jpeg
    houston platt later carl theobald z11 chevelle 1964.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 406
  • jerry hotchkiss z11 63 ex malcolm durham.jpg
    jerry hotchkiss z11 63 ex malcolm durham.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 376
  • durham z11 arriving in endicott ny jerry hotchkiss.jpeg
    durham z11 arriving in endicott ny jerry hotchkiss.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 409

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member
Malcum's Z-11 at Charlotte 1989

Mr. Speed,

First I want to tell a story about the Frank Spittle's 1st Super Stock reunion held at Charlotte Motor Speedway around 1989. The owner was backing Maclum's restored car off the trailer and the front bumper got caught on something and bent it, just a little. Thinking the aluminum license filler panel was also damaged.

Have grainey pictures of that weekend which show most of all the old racers. A collector got my colored 8X10 group picture and autographed T-shirt with 40 names. "Maverick" Golden sported his old green plaid leisure and greasy hair at the dinner and his language around the ladies was crude. Spittle had reserved rooms for the racers but 'Mav' spent the night in his old dualie!

Walley...remember Super Chevy Indy when you walked over to my red "Living Legend" Z-11 racer and slipped behind the wheel for a picture? "Boy does this bring back memories" were your first words. I still have that picture and would post it if I knew how. Wild Bill

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Wild Bill.... e-mail that picture to MacKenzie or I and we will make it happen in large
robert

dean409

Well Known Member
Single Quad Z11?

In a reprint from Hot Rod about the new FX Z11 of '62(!), the article showed a single quad intake top with a 4jet. Anyone actually ever see one of these or was it a pre-production R&D piece or maybe a NASCAR part? :dunno
There used to be a guy here in Dallas with an aluminose Z11 that showed in the Autorama, but never heard any more about him. Makes you wonder exactly how many are out there and who's got 'em. :bow
Why the hell didn't Edelbrock just make the Z top if they were making heads anyway? :evil
Okay yeah I know I should be glad for what they're doing, but then what would I gripe about?

dean409

Well Known Member
Thanx Mark. Makes sense it's a NASCAR piece. I guess when you race in a circle for a long time you don't have time for another four barrel. Too busy turnin'.:dunno

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wild Bill...Sure was great fun watching you and Barber John go at it during those SCS Indy years!

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Why the hell didn't Edelbrock just make the Z top if they were making heads anyway?

I agree at least for the intake. They have an RPM Air Gap for the other Chevy motors that look close already.

Heres the match race with Jerry and a Mopar.Also included is the just released WINTERNATIONALS 1965 Pomona and NATIONALS Indianapolis.Check out all the 1964 1965 racing videos I released thru OLD CARS WEEKLY.Hit the videos above this one to see them all.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Heres the match race with Jerry and a Mopar.Also included is the just released WINTERNATIONALS 1965 Pomona and NATIONALS Indianapolis.Check out all the 1964 1965 racing videos I released thru OLD CARS WEEKLY.Hit the videos above this one to see them all.

Very Nice:clap
Thanks,