z11 intake

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
I was looking around at this web site
409chevyperformance.com
There is a nos z11 intake with the casting dates of 1965, I know there were some z11 parts available in 62-63 but never had heard of any made this late. any thoughts on this? Were there other z11 parts offered at later dates,water pumps,and other aluminum parts?:confused:

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Prices

Did you notice some of the prices? Steel shim head gaskets, $80.00 per pair! YEowch.

Fred

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Good morning !!!

I was surfing the web this morning... usually I stop at 348-409.com to see what you all are up to ....Anyways, the website listed here

You all need to see...

http://www.409chevyperformance.com/

From what I can tell, the prices looked fairly reasonable, For example a 656 CFD block for $700 that has already been bored??? Not too shabby !!!!

Enjoy Your Weekend...

Rockfish39 :cool:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
price.

Ah yes, but is that fresh bored? I think I saw a three two manifold for 700.00 , now thats a little too much.:deal

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Harley,
There were a few Z-11 parts cast after the racing ban. There is actually record of a partial Z-11 engine being shipped from 7/31/64 - 7/25/65. Hard to say why that one was made so late. There was still a demand for the Z-11 stuff after the 1963 racing season. I think I read somewhere that there was like a total of 250-some sets of Z-11 heads cast and I imagine that was spread out from late 62 to the end of W-motor production. I've personally held a 1964 cast Z-11 water pump in my hands so I know those exist. I hope this helps to answer your question.
Ross

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
z-11

So, is there any truth to the statement that a few Z-11's actually hit the streets in a production car? This was alluded to in the past that somewhere out there, a 63 Impala may be sitting with one of these engines that was sold right off the new car dealers lot.

Sounds a bit out there to me. Is it possible?

:cool:

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That is absolutely possible. Actually, all the Z-11s were purchaed by someone, as in not given to the racers by GM. The car that was driven by Rick Schroeder was raced for one season and then sold on the used lot at Enoch Chevrolet lot in California. A young man bought it and did drive it on the street. He had it up in to the 80s. Since a fair ammount of these cars went to small racers, I'm sure quite a few saw some street duty at one time or another. Keep in mind that some Z-11s did have heaters! Wouldn't that have been the ULTIMATE daily driver!?
Ross

bbqcruising

Supporting Member 1
The guy that owns the intake told me he is the third owner. He bought it from Dennis McClendon who purchased it from Lamar Walden ,the original owner. I believe impalaguru is correct that production went into 65 for these parts.BBQ

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
thanks everyone

I saw the casting date,I did not doubt it was authentic but I never thought about there being "replacement parts" offered.

:)

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The upper half of the intake was indeed a '65 and beautiful.
The lower was a crude reprodution. I know this cause my father
just bought it. But sent it back because thats too much money for
a miss match piece.:)

409 Chevy Performance

Well Known Member
Z-11 Intake

Wish I still had that Z-11 Intake. Iam in need of one to finish up my Z-11 motor. If anyone has one for sale contact Jack Gibbs at 409 chevy Performance 1-719-784-7118