Zintmaster for sale

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Heeee heeee heee I calculated the payments on that $300,000 sale at 7% over five years,,,, $5940.35 per month !!!!

Where do I send the check !!!:roll

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Personally, I think that car is a great buy. Heck, a Yenko Camaro sells for that amount and they made a couple hundred of them. This car is MUCH more rare and represents Chevrolet's first SERIOUS drag racing effort and is the best survivor of the assembly-line, aluminum '62 Impalas. That SD421 Tempest on E-Bay last December sold for $226,000 and it was missing everything......motor, special transaxle, aluminum body parts, etc. Sure it was 1-of-6 but this Impala is 1-of-18-20 supposedly and finished. If I had the money, I'd be this car's owner and it'd be a keeper.

mick

The Zintsmaster is back in the corn fields of the midwest once again, not Indiana but Illinois. I picked it just last Saturday from the 3rd owner in Atlanta. It is just as it was when Sam purchased it in 1988 from Zintsmaster himself. I tried to upload a picture but the darn thing keeps telling the file is to big. I will try later to upload pictures.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Congrats on your historic acquisition!

I see that you've been on the site for a while, please consider telling us a bit about yourself and the new purchase :).

We can help with pics, but then everyone will be super jealous :).

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Candy & I stopped by Mick's on the way to Thompson. I can't believe Mick would wait until after we were there to buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mick has some VERY nice cars. I'll let him fill in the details!!

mick

I have been trying to buy the Zintsmaster for almost a year. I have called each and every month to remind him I still wanted it and made my offer. I finally decided if he wasn't going to give one of us had to or I wasn't going to ever own it. I will get it out outside tomorrow and take some better pictures but it looks exactly as it has for the last 50 years which is a wonderful thing. Phil I got my orginal 409 62 Biscayne back from the paint shop since you were here and it looks great.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Any Pictures of the car???
Great car, I know of 3 of the cars remaining. This one has the most history from a racing standpoint. From what I have been able to piece together, these 18 or so cars were built at the Flint factory late in the 62 production run. It appears that Chevy was testing their ability to build an aluminum front end car prior to building the 50 Z-11 cars. One problem they ran into was the inner fender panels. Chevy dropped that part from the 63 because they could not stamp it correctly. The 62's like mine had very crude stampings. All 62's I have seen were the same way. I never understood this because a friend of mine has a 62 Super Duty Pontiac with the aluminum fenders and inner fender panels and they are perfect!!! A mystery we will probably never figure out.
Anyway, the Zintmaster car really looks fantastic with great history. Congratulations, Pat

mick

I have tried to upload pictures and I get the message "file is to large" so I had my son in law reduce it only to have the same message and reduced again to get the same meassage "file to large". I was only loading one picture. I know of only two other cars believed to be factory aluminum one is black and one is beige (both SS cars), as far as I know mine is the only survivor with documentation. I would like to talk to anyone with a car confirmed or believed to be factory so we can compare notes. It is my belief that they were probably all assembled at the same time and we should see some patterns with them.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
If you reduce the picture size to approx 600 pixels X 400, it should load.

mick

I have reduced, reduced and reduced these photos and the only one I could get to load was a picture of the engine compartment for now. As I get others I will upload them.

Attachments

• Zintsmaster engine.gif
    Zintsmaster engine.gif
    93.9 KB · Views: 19

mick

Ok after demonstating that I am not computer savvy, the pictures should be accessable on photobucket.com under mickpricecars. Sorry for the confusion and delays.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ok after demonstating that I am not computer savvy, the pictures should be accessable on photobucket.com under mickpricecars. Sorry for the confusion and delays.

Ok! Let's drag a few over here!!

PICT1338.jpg

PICT1319.jpg

PICT1315.jpg

PICT1314.jpg

PICT1313.jpg

PICT1333.jpg

PICT1327.jpg

PICT1326.jpg

PICT1325.jpg

PICT1323.jpg

PICT1310.jpg