East Coast 348-409 Reunion at Mason-Dixon

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
We are staying here and lots of trailer parking
Comfort Inn & Suites 920 Dual Highway Hagerstown, MD 21740
301-739-9050 | www.choicehotels.com/hotel/md013Special Offer: Our rate will be $69.00 plus tax for single or double occupancy. 

Property Benefits or Amenities: Deluxe continental breakfast with waffles, eggs, & sausage served daily from 6:30 – 9:30 am, free Wi Fi. All rooms have microwaves & refrigerators, small fitness center, guest laundry.
I called them Friday but the computers were down I'm calling again today. I'll try and not park my car to close to yours, I'm afraid they might end up humping when no ones looking, If they do you'd lose a couple tenths.

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ok, I know....this graphic is cluttered so bad you can hardly understand it. Mason Dixon is on the lower right, the closest hotel is about 5 miles away, The Comfort Inn & Suites where Brian's is staying is about 6.5 miles. Since this has room for trailers it looks like the best bet to me. The Sleep Inn & Suites of Clear Spring is oin the far upper left and about 18 miles from the track.

Butch, The Americas Best Value Inn is 35 miles from the track. When I included it on picture the image got too small to see clearly. It's quite a ride and there are reasonably priced hotels closer.

Mason Dixon Hotels.jpg

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Mason Dixon Race List:burnout 22 Race and 8 Show as of 5/10 Race, :clap
Caroline Galvin, With her 409 Front engine Rail
Randy Kirker
Alloy409
BSL 409, Brian LaBombard
Silent Sam, Tom Geib
Val & Jim McCombs
Bluescreamer, Allen George
Robert Conway Jr
Carl Bucks
Tim Powell
Dick Mackenzie
Jerry Chevery
Bomar, Bo Martin
Bryan Fugate
Fatheadracing, Ray Barnhart
Steve Moyer WullyBully 2
DM62409 ? Dave Mills
Jim Comeau 1961, 409 pontiac
Jim Carniato 1955, chev 409 gasser.
Quickshift409, Shan Dalley
Mark Steel
Michael Bennett
427Makentrouble:D Jody Aberts
Walkerheader, Bob Walker
Show,
430HP, Ron Strisofsky
Real61SS, Tommy Nolen
Paintjohn1, John Langenfelder
Phalen409, Dennis Jackson
Biscayne Stocker, Scott Chalk
SP6T1348, P.J. Byrne
RSTREET, Robert Street
Terry Bobb JR

Last edited:

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Dick , I appreciate the concern but we checked all those hotel/motels.Americas Best Value is the best choice for Giny. I don';t care about the distance. Thompson was 30 miles from where we stayed. I didn't mind that ride either. I see that now they offer a rate discount for the track. I missed that before.
Thank You.:bow:bow
:crazy:cheers

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ray:
I recall you feeding us at National Trails and Norwalk! Any chances?
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray:
I recall you feeding us at National Trails and Norwalk! Any chances?
Robert
If you spent yourself into a snit buying slicks for your 62 Robert, yes I'll spring for a gin&tonic and a meal at a local pub of your choice. I may have a small grill and a cooler also. Everyone else, catch as catch can :bacon

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
wow, a lot has been written here since my last visit. lack of a W block leaves me out of your race, but I will stop over for a visit. are they going to have you pit on the spectator side again? I'll be over on the pit side and running the Nostalgia footbrake class. there is plenty of room for campers, but I don't know the track policy on that subject. I live 35 miles away. it seems like too many rules will leave some guys out or just plain mad. why not just W blocks and safety items? then pair entries up according to ET. 6.0-6.20 6.20-6.40 etc... will that work?

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
if any are worried about "going too fast with no license". don't worry, the track is 659' 11" its one inch shy of an 1/8th mile and technically not a complete track length. that's how I go 6.10s there without getting yelled at. the 1/4 works like normal and they watch closely for speeding.

alloy409

Well Known Member
This is for everyone participating in the Rocking Chair Nationals Volume II:

On Friday, June 26, I will be on site yellow taping our parking area for all show cars, display cars, race cars, trailers, and special interests that will be participating. The gate opens Saturday, June 27 at 9:00 am. Please arrive to get in line, the earlier the better. I will be there assisting cars and trailers as they arrive and help you with where to go. I will have a canopy set up in the middle of our area which will serve as an Information Center.

The day will start off with us driving to the staging area where we will line up as a group along side the 32 Nostalgia Group where the track promoter, Gary Gore, will hand out individually named plaques to all participants. This includes all show cars and race cars. This will also be a photo op. This will wrap up at 11:00.

1. Entry fee for racers will be $45.00

2. Entry fee for show cars will be $20.00 or $25.00 with girlfriend.

3. Racers...Money class is $500.00 to winner
Runner up receives $200.00
Semi-finalist receives $75.00
We will have 16 cars who will be paid $25.00 for quarter finals.

4. It will be up to us to provide our cars paired up to the closest time so we look more like "heads up" racing rather than "bracket" racing. This will take place at eliminations.

5. There will be a one time buy back that will cost $20.00.

I'm looking for volunteers who will be interested in photographing and/or videoing our events. Please let me know if you or any of your friends are interested in helping us out with this.

Also, make sure you come by our Information Center to pick up a Rocking Chair Nationals window sticker.

I have also made five hand crafted trophies that our Grand Marshall Mousie Brown will be handing out toward the end of the day. (These are in-house trophies for our group only.)

One last thing ... as everyone knows, Dick MacKenzie and I have partnered to pull this event together and we've spent a lot of time discussing the right thing to do. I have been to Thompson twice and Dick has a lot more events under his belt. The main thing we were trying to do was achieve fairness. I asked Dick to come up with the rules based on his past involvement so I don't want him thrown under the bus. My mistake.

Last edited:

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
sounds great, I cant wait to see the show you put on and better yet, friends I haven't seen since Clay City or Norwalk.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
This is for everyone participating in the Rocking Chair Nationals Volume II:

On Friday, June 26, I will be on site yellow taping our parking area for all show cars, display cars, race cars, trailers, and special interests that will be participating. The gate opens Saturday, June 27 at 9:00 am. Please arrive to get in line, the earlier the better. I will be there assisting cars and trailers as they arrive and help you with where to go. I will have a canopy set up in the middle of our area which will serve as an Information Center.

The day will start off with us driving to the staging area where we will line up as a group along side the 32 Nostalgia Group where the track promoter, Gary Gore, will hand out individually named plaques to all participants. This includes all show cars and race cars. This will also be a photo op. This will wrap up at 11:00.

1. Entry fee for racers will be $45.00

2. Entry fee for show cars will be $20.00 or $25.00 with girlfriend.

3. Racers...Money class is $500.00 to winner
Runner up receives $200.00
Semi-finalist receives $75.00
We will have 16 cars who will be paid $25.00 for quarter finals.

4. It will be up to us to provide our cars paired up to the closest time so we look more like "heads up" racing rather than "bracket" racing. This will take place at eliminations.

5. There will be a one time buy back that will cost $20.00.

I'm looking for volunteers who will be interested in photographing and/or videoing our events. Please let me know if you or any of your friends are interested in helping us out with this.

Also, make sure you come by our Information Center to pick up a Rocking Chair Nationals window sticker.

I have also made five hand crafted trophies that our Grand Marshall Mousie Brown will be handing out toward the end of the day. (These are in-house trophies for our group only.)

One last thing ... as everyone knows, Dick MacKenzie and I have partnered to pull this event together and we've spent a lot of time discussing the right thing to do. I have been to Thompson twice and Dick has a lot more events under his belt. The main thing we were trying to do was achieve fairness. I asked Dick to come up with the rules based on his past involvement so I don't want him thrown under the bus. My mistake.
Hope we can get at least two time trials in

alloy409

Well Known Member
This is just another reminder...anybody on the fence about joining in to race or to show, we have to have you signed up before June 10th. That is the cut off date for named plaques. Brian (BSL409) has been handling our roster. If you decide after the 10th, you can still join in and have a great time but we won't have a plaque for you.

Also, we are in need of a photographer and/or videographer. If you or anyone you know would like to volunteer for this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
This is just another reminder...anybody on the fence about joining in to race or to show, we have to have you signed up before June 10th. That is the cut off date for named plaques. Brian (BSL409) has been handling our roster. If you decide after the 10th, you can still join in and have a great time but we won't have a plaque for you.

Also, we are in need of a photographer and/or videographer. If you or anyone you know would like to volunteer for this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Let's fly Nuts in to video tape the show!