1960 Brookwood station wagon

Impala Lover

Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone! I have the chance to buy a 1960 Brookwood station wagon. It has a straight six engine, last licensed in 2004. The drivers side floor is rusted as is the tail gate. It has zero options but overall is in pretty decent shape, considering the car is 48 years old. It does have a 3-speed manual transmission on the column and the guy said the rear end seized up. He would like $200.00 for it. I would just like opinions on the value of the car when done up and how rare is a station wagon with a manual tranmission?? Thanks for any replys!! P.S. I will probably buy the car regardless!!! This make vehicle number 11!! Any other info about this car would be appreciated!!

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi,

not sure how rare about a manual transmission on station wagon, I would say they're pretty common. A rare 60 wagon would be a the two door. Two of my wagons came with manual tranny.
Your rear end could be a posi too, thats what I have when I bought my 61 Brookwood.

By all mean if it's only 200 bones, I would. And if you want to restore it you already have a good start (low purchase price) floor pan is same a car, but a warning, a maybe better tailgate replacement could COST MORE than $200 ! :p