1960 Chevy Headlamps

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The sylvania 5001 and 5006 are supposed to be direct replacments to the older bulb and do not require relays according to the parts house. The ones above it do though..:dunno

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I also don`t drive, or should I say,, haven`t driven much at night but,,,the light from a standard non-halogen bulb is dim and not very good lighting,, IMO,,

The light the halogens give is a very nice bright white and you will be able to see farther.

I think that diagram makes it very easy to up-grade to a better bulb.

I would do it,,,

I also am going to up-grade my wiring,,

Better to do it now, then to do it after a melt down,,,dq

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,Tic's 60 yes you got the numbers H5001 an H5006 $21.46 for all 4 with tax. yes i rewired the front half,fire wall-to grill with a kit from www.madelectrical.com and the starting and lights are much better,
and i have a 3 wire alternator, a/c, two elect. fans, all is fine. you can look at the diagrams at that site also. if you call him he is a very nice person and knows his stuff. mike

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Mike: yes..I agree he has his "stuff together" with a little thought you can mount a relay system up front near each set of lights and still have a stock appearing car all of which still using a regulator.
Robert

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Head Lamps

Tic,

I used the replacement halogen lights on the 62. They fit nicely and give alot more light than the T3's. I can look to see what the part # is :brow

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,rstreet yes there are a few ways to do what he needs to do and this is just one of them. for me and all the ex.power (amps) not hp.:cuss i needed,
this was the best way for me. i was thinking the drawings would help him to design his own wiring the best way for him. :brow the more ideas the better for all of us:hug

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Mike: I have used that "system" several times but once on a really interesting project. I used aircraft landing lights on the high beams for "real" light:eek: :eek: :eek:
Robert

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,,rstreet dam man that had to be fast to take off so you could use those lights to land:roll or were you spotting deer:rolleyes:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
hi,,,,rstreet dam man that had to be fast to take off so you could use those lights to land:roll or were you spotting deer:rolleyes:

Yeah it was unreal light!!! but the car wasn't all that fast(68 GTX 4sp) It's tough to spotlight deer using headlights(remote spotlight works better;) ;) ) But its funny now remembering that system now that I am looking for T-3's
Robert