1960 Pontiac Ventura

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So the powder coat black is a perfect match to your paint Dan?
I didnt think powder coat polished well, just wondering if it will look different in a few years of cleaning and polishing
Not worried about hinges just the exterior panels

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So the powder coat black is a perfect match to your paint Dan?
I didnt think powder coat polished well, just wondering if it will look different in a few years of cleaning and polishing
Not worried about hinges just the exterior panels

Steve
I have never experienced the color changing or a issue with polishing and I have been having stuff powder coated for nearly thirty years.
As to the panels I did powder coat the filler behind the bumper and header above the grill arn't really seen and more susceptible to rock chips and the reason I chose to powder coat.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Everything that I've ever read or seen about powder coating they say that it's impervious to chemicals and chip resistant, and A whole bunch of good stuff ........... but at the same time I've read issues where they talk about it being sensitive to UV light over time......??????

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Dan,
As what Keith said above, the Powder coating here seems to dull off etc over time in the sun (and you guys get a fair bit of that) and it doesnt seem to polish up the same as a paint over here was all

Steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Everything that I've ever read or seen about powder coating they say that it's impervious to chemicals and chip resistant, and A whole bunch of good stuff ........... but at the same time I've read issues where they talk about it being sensitive to UV light over time......??????
Hi Dan,
As what Keith said above, the Powder coating here seems to dull off etc over time in the sun (and you guys get a fair bit of that) and it doesnt seem to polish up the same as a paint over here was all

Steve
I really don't think it will be a issue especially for the header panel because it will never see the sun and the filler panel is mostly covered. These cars sit in a heated garage 95% of the time out of the sunlight.

Last edited:

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I really don't think it will be a issue especially for the header panel because it will never sees the sun and the filler panel is mostly covered. These cars sit in a heated garage 95% of the time out of the sunlight.

Lucky Lucky cars

The garage i hang out in isnt heated, i must look into that

Steve

hanke

Supporting Member 1
Great car!!! First car was a 64 Grand Prix so always like the older Pontiac's! Great find!