1962 Preserved for over 60 Yrs

Well Known Member
Just FYI the reproduction floor pans and braces are only correct for 63-64. the 62 had unique floor pans especially the SS models. 1962 front seat mounting braces are not currently reproduced. You are lucky to have the original floor in your 62, You will always be able to brag that it is original. reproduction, replacement floor pans are very easily identified in a 62.
I didn’t know that

55Brodie

Well Known Member
That's a neat mild custom. The original owner must have had some serious disposable income. Tuck & roll interior, extra chrome under the hood, tube grill and Lucas headlights up front, Lee tail light lenses out back, Hurst shifter and more auxiliary gauges than Carter had liver pills. Cut down springs and nice chrome reverse wheels and spiders...later updated to mag wheels (Torque Thrust or Super Stock, maybe), minor de-badging.
Did I miss anything?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
That's a neat mild custom. The original owner must have had some serious disposable income. Tuck & roll interior, extra chrome under the hood, tube grill and Lucas headlights up front, Lee tail light lenses out back, Hurst shifter and more auxiliary gauges than Carter had liver pills. Cut down springs and nice chrome reverse wheels and spiders...later updated to mag wheels (Torque Thrust or Super Stock, maybe), minor de-badging.
Did I miss anything?
I don’t know how you made out the tail lights……..

Reactions: 327

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
That. Is. Awesome. All the early 60's touches. 4.56's!! Factory chromes on it too, be cool if you got those with the car!
Unfortunately, I did not Joe The previous owner got rid of these wheels about 10 years ago and he had them in the basement and thought he would never use them.when I purchased the car it had Crager SS wheels on it but not so nice. Here is photo of the Belair after being painted in 89
AAD286F3-009A-4B77-A1C6-C03F5EBD2A8E.jpeg

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Did I miss anything?
Well as I clean other items up I find the generator and fan shroud has chrome underneath paint.
6E51FD79-4D89-42AB-AFAF-771B6482FF07.jpeg0BEE16B1-F484-4BC2-8100-A376FDB8AB8B.jpeg

Last edited: