1969 Camaro ZL1

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
A friend just called that attended the Meacum Auction this past weekend in Indianapolis.

A TOTALLY ORIGINAL ZL1 Camaro went thru..........needed a TOTAL restoration but was TOTALLY original...........had 7700 miles on it........................
$800,000.00 And that DID NOT include the additional 6% buyers premium!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Z-11 and 409 parts aren't THAT expensive!!!

gearhead409

Well Known Member
my lawyer once told me "don't worry about it, it's only money". come to think about it, somethings are more important, that's if you've got the money! Hee Hee

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
when i worked at Malcolm Durhams Supercar Engineering, there was a brown plain 69 camaro out in the lot. it had been rained on for years, at some point, a chimney had fallen on it. VERY damaged. had practically no miles on it. seemed like a shame at the time, but those cars were all around and cheap, so why fix it? it's complete original all aluminum ZL1 and transmission was up in the loft, and had been there for years. finaly they sent the body to the scrap yard. along with a pallet of exhaust manifolds we had collected over the years. 409, 427 vette, 427 ford, hemi Cuda's and other cars we had put headers on. and had to ((((PAY))))) to have it hauled.