2023 Iowa Tri-State Raceway September 30-October 1. WALLYS ON SUNDAY

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
2023 Preliminary_3.jpg

6 WALLYS ON SUNDAY/6 CLASSES. Earlville, Iowa. Track is west of the Mississippi about 25 miles from Dubuque, Iowa on Highway 20. One of 3 all concrete tracks in the US. Reid, the owner, has leased the track to the 3 Fangman Brothers who have worked there for 6 years and Reid will still be doing the announcing. If you're looking for an investment here's your chance. It's for sale.

September 30. 348/409 Race. One class for our race. Sponsors so far have put up $4,000... $60 entry for 348/409 Race. 2 test hits. Track gives us 80% back that will go back to racers. $500 to best reaction time in time trials. No delay box. 2 step and trans brake ok.

Sponsor...Murphy's Motor Service Jeff Murphy Hallsville, Missouri 573-696-3655

Sponsor...409 Chevy Performance. Owner Jack Gibbs Specializing in 348/409 Chevy Engine building and related parts. Large inventory of used parts and complete inventory of New Engine building parts. I.e. Edelbrock cylinder heads and Intake Aluminum 2x4 and 1x4 HP and Small port intakes. Large inventory of Ross Pistons from std to 4.342, 3452, 4.372 Stroker 4.00 and 3.50 combo setups. Free tech info related to 348/409 engines. We are located in Woodstock, Ct. 06281 Connecting Rods, Oliver and scat from 6.135 to 6.385. Can't find Part then call me at 1-530-228-2470

With these two sponsors and a couple of anonymous sponsors the total pay out is $4,000 plus the payback from the track calculated from the number of cars entered.

Gamblers Race also on Saturday. $125 entry fee. Track pays back $100 of entry fee to winners.

Test and Tune all day $40. If you decide later in the day you need some passes they'll prorate fee.

October 1. NHRA.TV will be covering on u-tube. There will be 6 different classes to enter, BOX/NO BOX...EACH WITH A WALLY. 6 CLASSES See entry fees and classes here......https://www.tristateraceway.com/schedule-policies

PARKING...THEY HAVE RESERVED PARKING SPOTS MARKED WITH CONES. DO NOT PARK THERE OR YOU WILL HAVE TO MOVE.

The gate is always open. If you arrive a day before go to the gate on Saturday and pay on the Honor System when they're open. Don't be a cheapskate...they will probably have someone there later. Clean restrooms and showers. Dry camping allowed before and after the race. Full hookups on site a couple hundred yards from the track. Reserve info here.... https://www.tristateraceway.com/

Other Info here... https://www.tristateraceway.com/ Classes/entry fees, opening times, ect.. Also email to mail@tristateraceway.com

Google Earth ... Campground is by the pond.

They have BP products. 110/112/114

There should be good air this late in the year. Come have a good time with your friends at the end of summer. Going to be a long winter.

Visit the Field of Dreams a couple of miles from Dyersville where the motels are, approximately 10 miles east of the track . I would book a motel early as it will be a busy weekend.

Colonial Inn......Scott Hall's Favorite 563-875-7194....questionable?????
Comfort Inn.......563-875-7700 Expensive
Super 8................563-875-8885 May be booked...wedding.

Manchester Motels approximately 15 miles west of track.

Days Inn
Best Rest Inn...both the same...563-927-1011 94+tax 2 queens

Best Western 563-927-2533

THE LIST

1. Barry Taylor 1962 Bel Air
2. Bryan "Curley" Fugate 1963 Impala BB 348
3. Scott Hall "1962 Impala":)
4. Dave Coots 1964 Impala "THE Crusher"
5. Joel Schneeweis 1962 Belair
6. Paul Stensland 1962 Impala SS
7. Tooth 62 Belair
8. 409 Charlie/Hard Rock 1959 El Camino (Home Track Advantage)
XXX Dan Hradisky 1963 Belair .Home Wrecker
10. Dave Mills 65 Chevy II
11. Ralph Dehne 63 Impala
12. Bob Walla 1964 Impala Low Milage
13. Randy Johnson 1964 Belair Wagon
14. Shan Dally 1962 Biscayne
15. Denny Perry 1961 Biscayne
XXX Gary Jesperson Prehistoric Mouse
17. Mark & Mike Steele Zeke and Muggie Racing
18. Denny Ford 63 Chevy II
19. Kevin Wilson 1963 Impala
XXX Michael Auch 1964 Impala SS
21. Brian Lambert 32 Bantem Heaven or Hell
22. Lance Heinrich/Brian Reece 57 Chevy Rescued Pieces
23. Nate Embacher 62 Impala SS

Later
Dave

Any questions I can answer my cell is three one 9 five 60 nine nine 22

Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Put me on the list. 62 Bel Air . Being that late in the season I should be able to make it. I will be undergoing major back surgery in mid March & if everything goes good I should be able to race by then. Have been putting this off too long & my current mobility is very limited. This should fix the problem. Hopefully will be racing prior to the Iowa event, only time will tell. Car is undergoing an engine refresh & some other minor items so at least it will be ready. Will keep you informed. Thanks.

Joel

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Put me on the list. 62 Bel Air . Being that late in the season I should be able to make it. I will be undergoing major back surgery in mid March & if everything goes good I should be able to race by then. Have been putting this off too long & my current mobility is very limited. This should fix the problem. Hopefully will be racing prior to the Iowa event, only time will tell. Car is undergoing an engine refresh & some other minor items so at least it will be ready. Will keep you informed. Thanks.

Joel
Look forward to seeing you Joel. Even if you can't race by then and just want to get away! We would be happy to have you swing out this way again!