348-409 Hei

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Back to the distributor thing

I am planning on using just the trigger part and the housing for my MSD6 box. We'll see how it goes. On the other side of the question, when you get a GM W distributor rebuilt, does the shaft get turned or new bushings installed? Never had one done. May end up going that way. I did not like the fit of my SBC MSD billet in a Late Great Chevy Adaptor, although it seemed to work perfectly. As for the China built stuff, I have a 2005 Honda 90 built in china and the quality is outstanding. Maybe because Honda is involved. I will keep you posted.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Hei

Hey, All I wanted was some information before I sent off my distributor. Did not mean for anyone to have pee off contest. You know, this is exactly the reason I do not post or reply to more posts than I do. About half the time someone makes you out to be a dumb *** and says you can't even spell 094, I mean 904 oh heck 409.:doh Oh well, I still love this site!

W Head
59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey, All I wanted was some information before I sent off my distributor. Did not mean for anyone to have pee off contest. You know, this is exactly the reason I do not post or reply to more posts than I do. About half the time someone makes you out to be a dumb *** and says you can't even spell 094, I mean 904 oh heck 409. Oh well, I still love this site!
W, I know with all this BS that goes on from time to time you can get a little nervous about posting but I would not let that deter you from posting any questions on the forum. Over all we all try and avoid the conflicts but some times a few of us get into a pissing match that gets out of hand.
I too used to get into these and from time to time still do but I think I learned a while back that it really is counter productive to this site and to other members.

I think we all need to take a good look at what this does to OUR forum and the message it portrays to others that visit here about the quality of the members we have here.

I have been biting my tongue so much lately that is just a bloody stump !
But for the welfare of this site I do it.

Calling some one out for straight out lies is one thing but to argue and bash each other over a dispute that can never be settled by personal views is something else.

I think it`s time to stop all the bashing now.
Just reading what W has posted should show that others too must feel this way.

We have the best members with the most knowledge about our cars then any other site out there so why detract from that with all the petty BS?,,

I`ll answer W`s question by PM to avoid any conflicts which is wrong but may be necessary in this case,,dq

gearhead409

Well Known Member
W head

i had a member tell me last summer to not get too up set about any post on here. he said sit back and take it all in and i have. it's been fun reading and interesting to say the least. you will soon learn who knows what they are talking about and who is just showing their ***. please don't be intimidated by some on here, i for one would be interested in your comments and opinions. our member that give me this advise is on here every day,is a quite person, dosn't post much, takes it all in and is running in the 10s with his 62. goes to show the guys that can really make these 09s run aren't on here telling the whole world how smart they are. hang in there W head!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have also heard people say. " I dont participate in discussions because I dont want to sound stupid. Have heard others say " I dont ask questions because I dont want to sound dumb." If those are reasons not to post, then I should have never opened my mouth. I probably lead the way in "dumb questions", But what Ive found is 99% of the membership of this forum are doggone good people that only want to help. I would like to see more participate. The more the merrier. For those who want to become more active, jump in there people!!! I want let you sound dumb. As I have said a thousand times, I dont believe there is such a thing as a dumb question if you are in the search for knowledge.:cheers

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
w head, do not stop posting a ? or giving answers, these little wars of words
sometimes have lots of info. if i had a dollar for all the info i have gotten here i'd have a fleet of 59's. :cheers

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just my opinion

Got the distributor tonight. Billet alluminum housing, CNC machined and polished. Half inch steel shaft with Ball bearings. Adjustable vacuum advance canister. Chromolly Steel bottom Gear, for use with cast and Steel Billet Cams. I took the electronics out to hook up to the magnetics for my MSD6 box. Cap has brass inserts. Says stock module and coil good to 7,500? For $169, I have no complaints. Fits in the block nice and snug and the adjustable collar works great for me with the milled parts I have. I give the mechanicals a thumbs up. Electronics? I know nothing about it. Does have a great warrantee and is completely returnable.

http://www.procompelectronics.com/Files/1.html

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Models, keep us updated on the dist. We need more choices for the W engine to keep the price in line. MSD, although a fine unit is a bit pricey.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ronnie Russell said:
I have also heard people say. " I dont participate in discussions because I dont want to sound stupid. Have heard others say " I dont ask questions because I dont want to sound dumb." :cheers

gezz if that were the case I would have to stop posting!!

Even I ,,, the smarest guy hare get my foot in my month all the tine !!!:stooges

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Holden (GTO)

I checked a Holden Ausi site and found the general talk about Procomp to be that it is reliable. Not sure how long they have been around. Some saying they have used for 5 years with no problems. All of their stuff looks like american products. (MSD, Holley, Edelbrock, etc.) maybe they license the designs or use the same tooling.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
models, I have used procomp dists. for 5 yrs in a variety of small blocks. Bought the first one for $59. The co. I bought from offered two numbers,, $59 for -made in China--$99 for made in America. They have increased in price a little in the last year. I could not find any differance in the two with the naked eye. Both advertised 50,000 volt coil and good module. Have 4 yrs service in a dirt-track car on the -made in a
america- dist. No problems. Have two of the _made in China- dist in street cars and no problems from them either. I remember taking the Chineese dist from the box and asking myself, " how can they sell it for that?" I dont know, but they sure look good and perform good for me. Im sure their quality will get bashed by the "experts" but what works,,,,,works.

Good luck with the Pro-Comp junk.

And, with that, your choices are now limited, as I just won't convert another W dist from anyone on this site, just way too much animosity and bull**** from others here who haven't EVER used my products, and simply don't know about the real junk that is out there, but they spew all kinds of crap about my products and me.

By the way, all you self proclaimed know it alls, I got three Pro-Comp's to redo this last weekend from the Long Beach swap meet, crap that failed right after installation, and was DENIED warrantee by Pro-Comp, typical Peter bull. Nice looking doesn't make it work right, or live. I get failed Pro-Comps, just like Ready to Quits, all the time to strtaighten out.

And, to the person that said I make this stuff up, F*** Y** if YOU cant stand the truth, a**hole.

And now, go ahead and flame away, that seems to be all some of you do here.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hummmmmm

What's with that? Personal choice is dear to me. Should be to everybody. I will never knock anybody for their personal choice. Even if I disagree with it. I make lots of wrong choices in this HOBBY. That's half the fun and challenge to me. If somebody doesn't like it, too bad.

M

MK IISS

ignitsh*tman

quote: "F*** Y** if you can't stand the truth, a** hole."

You forgot my horse.

M

MK IISS

making stuff up

"they spew all kinds of crap about my products..."

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
IgnitionMan, Am I one of the "self proclaimed know it alls?" because I relate my experience with Pro-comp dists. Had I had a bad experience with Pro-comp, I would have relayed that fact also. Would that have made mea "know it all?". Now you say you refuse to do business with us and our choices are now limited. Yes, you are right. We can choose any ignition system in the world, but we cant have yours. I dont know how our engines will keep running now that we dont have you to buy from. I dont know much about the internal combustion engine, but I do know something about human nature. With your ill demeanor, egomania, classless personality, and ignorance of how to deal with people, it is amazing to me you find any business at all. Now you have alienated the very people who may have been a customer. If my lawnmower needed a replacement ignition part, and you were the only outlet in the world, I would buy a herd of sheep. Im not sure what your problem is, but it is never too late to seek help.

That means you now have a number of choices for this type of product, but you now no longer have mine.

Too bad a very small few people here have to do what the Democrats in government do, spin the truth back at the one who says it just like it is, attempting to get others to believe their untruths. They call me a liar, when it just isn't true.

Too bad as well, that now, the others here only have these very few "techs" to answer those ignition questions they have no qualifications to give on this site.

I am going back to work now, I have people that are serious about getting a better, custom, hand built HEI for their engines.

And, Fathead, a Ready to Quit ISN'T AN HEI, it is a TCBI and doesn't increase spark output, it just eliminates points. But then, you KNEW that, didn't you. You just decided to leave that info out of any flames you would fling at others, and the info you post about them.

Enjoy the Pro-Comp crap and the Ready to Quits. You have many experts here, Mk and Fat are two, they manufacture their own conversions, and know everything, have been everywhere, done everything, know everybody, just ask them. They'll spew for you. Don't expect the truth from them, just ain't gonna happen.

Ronnie, you are VERY lucky to not have had either problems with the Pro-Comp junk, and, not had to deal with Peter to get his dead stuff fixed. VERY lucky.

Robert Ehlers runs two very, very large rebuilding houses in the Los Angeles area, Custom Chrome and All Star Products, (4150 Puente Avenue, Baldwin Park, California, 91706), call him and ask him about his experiences with Peter and Pro-Comp. He'll set you straight, and he actually had direct dealings with Peter and his crap products, lots of them. (626) 960-5164, he's there in the A.M. Ask him about the others he knows of that have had the same esperiences, he has no ulterior motive, and won't give you the crap answers mk and Fat will.

Like I said, I have serious work to get back to. See ya, all.