348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Booked room at Comfort Inn. Correct phone # is: 1-620-793-9000. They have the special rate mentioned previously listed under the 409 car show. See you in Sept.:happy

Joel
Thanks Joel!! Looking forward to seeing you!!
Is the phone number I listed earlier not working??? That's the number on the business card the lady gave me.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
1 - 620 -793-9000 is correct number. Posted number earlier is 1-620-603-6326 which is not correct.

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
1 - 620 -793-9000 is correct number. Posted number earlier is 1-620-603-6326 which is not correct.
Thanks Joel and Don. The first number is the one they gave me!!
Don...what's your number for the guys wanting a room or parking spot?????

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Wow, that's pretty cool, Ray. Thanks for the information. I'm assuming they have race fuel available at the track also. I would hate to haul 10 gallons of fuel cross country in my trailer.

Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Wow, that's pretty cool, Ray. Thanks for the information. I'm assuming they have race fuel available at the track also. I would hate to haul 10 gallons of fuel cross country in my trailer.

Paul
The race fuel will be right next to our registration trailer. Sorry Ray...thought I had mentioned that all the pits and camping sites have electrical.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The race fuel will be right next to our registration trailer. Sorry Ray...thought I had mentioned that all the pits and camping sites have electrical.
You may have Phil, I don't remember .But if you did it doesn't hurt to repeat some information. Didn't mean to step on-your toe!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
2 MORE CARS!!!!!!!

Saw my friend Larry Barnes at the Wichita, KS swap meet 2 weeks ago. Told him about the Convention and he's in!!!!!!!! Larry has a white 58 Impala heavily modified with a Lamar built aluminum head and World production Serial #1 aluminum block!!! Truly a show car. His second car is a 54 Corvette and I think that's an all aluminum Lamar 409 also. I've got a picture of that car and Denny Ford's racing jacket I can post later!!

Car #2http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/1962-Chevrolet-Belair/65312

Denny Mac!!!!!!!!!! Dennis called yesterday...said he had heard about the Convention and was calling for information. Said he was in!!!!!!!!!! He has the red bubbletop in the above link. Denny said it was certified for 7.50's and will be in Great Bend and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've known Denny for many years so this will be a chance to meet him in person!!:clap:clap:clap:clap