3d print projects: 4 post car lift & some cats :D

bobs409

Administrator
I needed another 4 post car lift but coudn't afford the steel version. I made this from PLA. :laugh2

Using the actual Bendpak dimensions from their website, I sized it down accurately in Tinkercad. The posts are removable so you can put the runways down if preferred.

This measures about 5 inches long by 2-1/2 inches wide.

I'm working on an actual 3d version of my garages (called a diorama) so this lift will fit in it if I decide to print it out.

DSCN5277.jpgDSCN5278.jpg

And to add a few more cats to my collection. lol Note: The bottom one is called Flexicat and it actually prints in place like you see! Just pop it off the bed and it's fully assembled and articulates.

DSCN5279.jpgDSCN5280.jpg

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Cool! What scale is the lift? Will it look right with a 1/18 scale model?

bobs409

Administrator
I was afraid someone would ask that! :p I think it's 1/45 using a calculator on the net. (not sure I got it right, math isn't my strong point)

If someone is good at this, we'll take a post for an example. They are 88 inches long in real life and the model is 1.83 inches. Whatever that comes out to be.

I can easily change the scale in the slicer program before sending it to the printer.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was afraid someone would ask that! :p I think it's 1/45 using a calculator on the net. (not sure I got it right, math isn't my strong point)

If someone is good at this, we'll take a post for an example. They are 88 inches long in real life and the model is 1.83 inches. Whatever that comes out to be.

I can easily change the scale in the slicer program before sending it to the printer.
If my math is correct, :dunno that would make your model lift 1/48 scale. If you want to make one that would support the more common plastic model sizes of 1/18 scale, I believe the scale post would be 4.88 inches long. The Hot Wheels cars are 1/64 scale. If you wanted a lift that was in scale for them, the post would be 1.375" long.

John

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A lot of models and slot cars are 1/24 to 1/25 so that might be a popular scale also.