4 door quarter???

Gus68

Well Known Member
OK. So I found out that a trunk lid for a 62 4 door is the same as a 2 door trunk lid, Sooooo, is the rear quarter the same or is a 4 door shorter from the wheel opening to the bumper??? I ask because my 62 2 door post has a bad crinkle in the driver rear, and I know where there is a decent 4 door parts car for cheap. The damage on my car is mostly on the side of the quarter from the wheel back, with some kinks on the top of the quarter next to the trunk lid, and the rear part where the tail light sits is screwed up. I was thinking of cutting off most of this from the 4 door and putting it on mine then fixing the minor door dings and small rust holes. I'm sure I could buy all of this stuff new but quarters ar like $300 plus :eek: and then I would still need the top portion next to the trunk and the tail light section, and I just cant afford all that. I do have a welder and all that good stuff and have done some small body work before, so if its possible I might give it a try. What do you guys think????

Gus68

Well Known Member
Quarter

OK so the rear half of the quarter is 130 bucks but I would also need the front half, 75 bucks, we are up to 205. I may also need the upper part of the front part of the quarter, $$$???? I also need the top of the quarter that is along side of the trunk lid, $$$??? AND the rear part that the tail light mounts to, $$$??? Lets say these other peices are around 50 bucks (at least) each, that brings us up to $355.00. And then We gotta ship em and add tax on, were pushing $400.00. I'm too tight for that. That is why I am looking into other options. I want this car to be nice but its gonna be my driver that I beat around town in. Not a show car that gets pampered in a climate controlled garage, and has to be perfect.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gus, Quit worrying about that stupid sheet metal and do what I do.. Buy 2 gallons of body filler and get started. :stooges

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
The 4-door donor would work for the rear portions of the quarter panel. You would still need to use either the patch panels or find a 2-door donor car for the front portions.

In the grand scheme of things, you'd be better off buying a new quarter panel if the whole thing needs replacing. The end result (and headaches saved) would be much better than trying to piece together 49 patch panels.