$4000 purse at Iowa 348-409 Family Reunion drag race will be held August 20-21st Cedar Falls dragway.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We finally were able to get the date nailed down for some 1/4mile racing. Its a little later in the summer but that should help with some schedules. Friday night the 19th is open for test and tune. That weekend Cedar Falls Motorsports Park will be having their Bracket points final so there will be plenty of nice cars around besides are group to go look at. This is a full 1/4mile track so be ready stretch you cars legs a little. We already have a purse building up and as the racers who showed up to run last year know there was plenty to go around. We will work out more details and post them as we get them nailed down. This year my wife and I are going to make the trophies. I will get an example up soon, they are amazing! Like usual we will have our cars parked together as a group. Any questions, give me or Paul a buzz. My number is 515-850-8234. I will have hotel/food/gas information up asap.
Address: 7227 Waverly Rd, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Track Phone: (319) 987-2537

Randy Johnson 1964 Belair wagon
Pual Stensland 1962 Impala
Dave Coots 1964 Impala "Crusher"
Bryan Fugate 1963 Impala
Scott Hall 1962 Impala
Dave Mills 1965 Chevy II
Joel 1962 Chevy Sedan
Barry Taylor 1962 Bubble top
Nathan blown 1962 SS
Charlie 1959 Elcamino
Dan "Home Wrecker" (not able to race)
Denny Perry
Gary Jesperson/Lou Savio 62 Prehistoric Rat
Bob Walla 1964 SS
Ralph Dehne 1963 Impala
Shane Dalley 1962 Biscayne

Last edited:

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Two things about the track, maybe changed by now. Short shutdown but open hay feild after that. Short between burnout box and starting line. Ive raced 4 different cars there.

Last time there was in the mid 90s. It was their last points race. I had my 64 impala with the L88. Looks like mom's car. Bench seat with clear puff seat covers and a tach on the steering column. Pitted next to a guy I had meet before. He had a red front wheel drive Daytona converted to rwd. He was part of the development of delay boxes.
He was third in points and need to have points leaders go out and he had to go more rounds than they did.
The points leader was a rear engine dragster. His crew pulled me around through a open staging lane first round. Put .007 light on him and hand him covered by more than my car at the light.
Second round was another .00 light against the second place points guy
and a win again.
Third round was the Daytona. I went red with a -.001 and ran it through with a 12.001 on a 12. Dial in. That round gave him the points lead.
I was then accused of being a brought in by the Daytona owner hired hand.
Things got ugly after that.
How do you cut a -.001 light on purpose?
The point leaders thought I was a duck but they found out different.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Its way different now. I've only watched Dave race there once and not break something. LOL! Seems like all of his weak points have been addressed.
Here is a couple of my favorite 360VR videos I took up there back in 2016-2017.
They are 360VR so be sure to point, click and hold your mouse button and look around in any direction.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Another long trip(1200 miles+), but I believe the timing should be good. Count me in. Thanks Randy for all your hard work.

Joel
I flipped a coin. Thank Paul not me. I have a 50/50 chance of winning praise that way. ;) You can come but I wont let my carbs get fouled up and give you a win this time. Paul isn't going to bring carbs and help me out either. :D Looks like its up to Nathan to bail me out again! Nathan, can you make it in August?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Here is Dave making a pass at Cedar Falls. Didn't break that day but he wanted to win that silver hat.
Oh ya, it's in my shop. My deseased buddy Mike organized a race named after his shop....La Porte Performance . I got lucky and won and the prize was a silver hard hat everyone signed. The next year he had it again and the prize was a trophy. Got lucky again. The third year they were all laying for me, but it was rained out and never finished it. RIP MIKE