50255???

iaco59

Well Known Member
iaco59
Ive got my Eye on a 55 chev. Munceyfour speed ,3.70 rear end, clean inside and out. Has a or "had" a 327 untill a rods went through the block , Trying to negoiate the price. I might be biteing off more than i can chew .I dont even know if the 502 will bolt up ---HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
iaco59
Ive got my Eye on a 55 chev. Munceyfour speed ,3.70 rear end, clean inside and out. Has a or "had" a 327 untill a rods went through the block , Trying to negoiate the price. I might be biteing off more than i can chew .I dont even know if the 502 will bolt up ---HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a question here?:dunno

iaco59

Well Known Member

iaco59
Thanks for the info. Ive been doing a lot of research and looking to how deep my pocket is $$$$$$$$$$$ .I should have the 55 deal done this week. I'm really getting excited

vin 58

Supporting Member 1

A friend of mine built a 55 w/502 and he bought the motor mount conversion kit from Danchuck chevy and they also had the transmission crossmember kit too. As far as headers I could find out what he used. vin

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
really a pretty easy and common swap. I assume you already have the 502, if not why not a nice 409? Post some pics of the double nickle when you can. I have been considering buying another since I sold mine to purchase my 60

best of luck
Tim

iaco59

Well Known Member
iaco59

Been out of town for a week, went to the Rockies Game--MISTAKE--I should have went to the Drags. The 55 is now sitting in my yard. I'll get some pic's posted. Thanks for all the info. Not going to get much done this year as I leave for Ariz, for the winter. Be back in april. Going to the" APPLEFEST" parade and car show Oct 3 and will leave a week after that. My comp goes with me so I'll still be looking for a lot of info Thanks again