55 Chevy !!!!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
10532336_10206030603825634_422664028514106426_n-jpg.2892742

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry for all the pics of the same car........just so much detail and beautiful craftsmanship/attention to detail......the colors grab you and pull you in,I don't see anything old about the styling to me it's timeless.......I'll stop ranting now.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the pics. That's an awesome car. I can't stop, looking at it.:clap:clap:clap:bow
I agree......even though it is not the style I would build......it just keeps pulling me back to look at it again. There was the term "period perfect" used on here the other day about a very cool unrestored '62 with some street racing history....but this car just seems to really hit home with that phrase. It also kinda reminds me of the little "kiddie" ride cars at the county fair when I was a kid with all of their heavy metal flake paint jobs.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
.......Wow - after almost 40 years a friend yesterday said - hey I got some pics of your old 55 at St. Thomas,
that track is in Sparta, Ontario about 20 mins from London, Ontario and was a major player back in the early
60's and 70's and continued on and still operates today.......all the big names have run at St. Thomas......including
Sox & Martin and the Ramchargers

so here's some very old pics from around 1977/78....notice no guard rails..........that's my C/MP 55 Chev running a 327 about
400 hp, M22 and 488's..........car ran low 13's so was not a real contender in C/MP but was sure a lot of fun......:D

55 Chev St Thomas 1.jpg 55 Chev St Thomas 2.jpg 55 Chev St Thomas 3.jpg

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Here's some pics of us towing the above 55 Belair in Feb '77 thru one
of the worst snow storms the New York Thruway ever saw......:eek
Almost a foot of snow on the roads and had to have someone ride
in the 55 and steer so it wouldn't jack knife......:pray

55 in tow.jpg 55 in tow 2.jpg

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice BJ, who volunteered to drive the 55? With that hood scoop, did the engine fill with snow? I guess we can say for sure, cool pics.

Don