58 Barn Find

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, at age 15 in 1990, I really wanted a tri-five. The right car for me came along, that I could afford and get back on the road on a 15yo's budget - '56 4dr wagon. Never regretted buying it and putting all that work into it. Sold it only 4 years ago; owning it for 27 years. Personally, I'd rather have that '56 wagon back or the '58 more door above than a '58 delivery. ;)

No one said you have good taste

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Like your black hearse
Guess your saying Z11 type copys,same body are not very popular or in demand ,compared to a Plymouth ,which is not even made anymore. Get real .We all laughed at the weird cars back in the day ,especially eh,eh,eh,eh,eh,eh,eh starters.:lmao

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I bought a cheap 4 door 65 chevelle. Worked good when the kids were in school. My buddy gave me sh#t about spending money on a 4 door. I have raced this car on the Booneville salt flats, MAR Raceway and have driven down to the Cruise The Coast event on the Golf coast all the way to Florida. My buddy still hasn't had his 2 door on the road.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Problem with plymouths and dodges around here was moisture- if the dog pissed on a wheel or the forecast called for rain, they wouldn’t start. Then they start to rust. You have to live in a dry place like California to own one.

I like that 58 4 door and would take that Plymouth too. And those 4 door wagons.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Problem with plymouths and dodges around here was moisture- if the dog pissed on a wheel or the forecast called for rain, they wouldn’t start. Then they start to rust. You have to live in a dry place like California to own one.

I like that 58 4 door and would take that Plymouth too. And those 4 door wagons.
He will probably sell you that plymouth now!!!!:D

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I see a police special listed, code FC, with a 315hp 348 with single 4bbl. Doesn't mention transmission. I can't imagine there's many of those. I'm no expert but just curious. 348 Suffix list
There never was a 315 hp version with a single four barrel. That was mistake made in an article back in 58 that simply will not die. The 315 hp came out in late 58 with solid lifter SHP cam and 3x2's. Even later in 58 there was a 300 hp solid lifter engine with single 4. In Feb 59 that became the 320 hp engine with the 579 aluminum intake and higher compression. About the same time the 305 hp engine came out with the HD powerglide and the 315 hp engine became the 335hp with the same internals as the 320hp.

airsurf

Well Known Member
There never was a 315 hp version with a single four barrel. That was mistake made in an article back in 58 that simply will not die. The 315 hp came out in late 58 with solid lifter SHP cam and 3x2's. Even later in 58 there was a 300 hp solid lifter engine with single 4. In Feb 59 that became the 320 hp engine with the 579 aluminum intake and higher compression. About the same time the 305 hp engine came out with the HD powerglide and the 315 hp engine became the 335hp with the same internals as the 320hp.
Thanks for the info!