60 BelAir 2 door post Headliner Installation

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Any instructions on where all of the parts go, bows , clips, parts list etc? Tip tricks would also be helpfull.
Has not had one in it since I owned it but I have collected what I think is all of the parts.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Made of?

Is it cloth or something other? Glue the front first, pull tight to the back and use a putty knife to tuck it into the slot above the door frams. Good staple gun is a must, use short staples and make sure the tack strip is clean and well anchored. Go slow and keep working the wrinkles out of it.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Is it cloth or something other? Glue the front first, pull tight to the back and use a putty knife to tuck it into the slot above the door frams. Good staple gun is a must, use short staples and make sure the tack strip is clean and well anchored. Go slow and keep working the wrinkles out of it.

Stock cloth type. Mind you I am headliner illiderate so this will be umm challenging to get through.
I may take the appostry guy up on the 100.00 just to save my sanity.

Parts list out there ?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
$100 is what they charge over here also. It'll be well worth it to pay this especially since you've never done one before. Even doing it your self it'll cost you about $30 or more just to buy the headliner. Chances are you will screw it up, trust me I've done exactly that before. No real savings here.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
$100 is what they charge over here also. It'll be well worth it to pay this especially since you've never done one before. Even doing it your self it'll cost you about $30 or more just to buy the headliner. Chances are you will screw it up, trust me I've done exactly that before. No real savings here.

Soon as I find a parts diagram to makre I have all of the clips and such I will use a vendor to do the work.

Just want to make sure I have everything they will need to install it so there's no problems.