60 Impala interior paint formula

ossablt

Does anyone have the paint formula for the red dash color, trim#873, Dupont Duco #2967h? I would also like to chat with someone familiar with 60 models to verify if a hole that I have in the firewall is original. I can email pics.
Thanks,
Vance

Attachments

• firewall1.jpg
    firewall1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 127

CarlK60

Supporting Member 1
Hey Ossa, I cant help with the paint formula, but I am pretty familiar with '60s. That hole doesnt look familiar, but Id have to go look at my cars to make sure. Looking through pictures on file in my computer I found this one, doesnt appear to have that hole.

CK

Attachments

• 60vertwipermotor.jpg
    60vertwipermotor.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 117

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Vance,
Is your 60 originally a 4 speed car? That seems like the approximate spot where the backup switch wires would have passed through the fire wall. Just a thought.
Ross

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
One more thing, If you are looking for lacquer paint check with Hibernia Auto Restorations in Hibernia NJ. They specialize in supplying lacquer to hobbyists. Lacquer can be hard to find anymore. I'm sure if you have the DuPont# (Duco) they can help you out. Plus the lacquer looks much more original than enamel, and its easy to spray! Good luck!
Ross

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Vance

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of guys here with a lot of knowledge and lots of help.

I see you have a blt. I still ride an explorer.

Ron

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Maybe a radio?

Vance:

On the other hand, it might just be a hole someone poked to allow a radio antenna to be connected. I had this on my '62 and welded it up :)

Cheers,
TomK