61 white Impala

rocket

I'm looking at a 61 Impala 2dr hdtp that is white with a blue interior. The side spear is black. Shouldn't it be blue??

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm looking at a 61 Impala 2dr hdtp that is white with a blue interior. The side spear is black. Shouldn't it be blue??

I looked at GM Heritage. It looks like the Impala side body insert should be blue with blue interior. All color combinations are listed.
There is a local black Impala with a red side stripe. According to GM Heritage, all black cars should have white side stripes.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Post a photo of the cowl tag, I believe that all inserts were black or white initially but they changed to color matching them to interiors at some point. I'm trying to narrow down the change date. The 1961 Passenger Car Specs for the Impala exterior paint combinations has a revision date of Feb 61, which might be when the insert color changed.

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Post a photo of the cowl tag, I believe that all inserts were black or white initially but they changed to color matching them to interiors at some point. I'm trying to narrow down the change date. The 1961 Passenger Car Specs for the Impala exterior paint combinations has a revision date of Feb 61, which might be when the insert color changed.
Carl I took my driver's license in a 61 348 impala that was very new at the time and was a black spear, must be why I have an affinity to 61's
Robert

image90.jpeg